1985-1992 VW Jetta Front Strut for L4 1.8L 8 Valve Pair (Monroe Quick-Strut)MNSSP00009
- Quantity: Pair
This part replaces:
- MONROE 171933
Monroe Quick-Strut® 171933 (2)
This is a new MONROE strut and spring assembly PAIR. We recommend getting a alignment after replacement.
Quantity: (2) Quick Struts
Side: LH (Driver) Side & RH (Passenger) Side
Vehicle Type: Vehicle Type: (Golf - Hatchback), (Jetta - Sedan)
Engine Size: L4 1.6L, 1.8L (8 Valve), 2.0L
Built to strict quality control standards:
Quick and easy... remove and replace one piece! No need to take apart entire assembly. No need to compress coil springs. Do the complete job right the first time. Enhances the handling, safety and performance of your vehicle.
Includes the following preassembled components :
- Upper Mount
- Upper Spring Isolator
- Upper Spring Seat
- Coil Spring
- Boot Kit
- Lower Spring Isolator
- Premium Strut
The revolutionary Monroe Quick-Strut unit is the first complete, ready-to-install replacement strut assembly available! Monroe Quick-Strut units include all the components required for strut replacement in a single, fully-assembled unit. They feature pre-assembled replacement upper mount, upper and lower spring isolators, upper spring seat, coil spring, boot kit, and a premium strut. This breakthrough design saves on installation time by eliminating having to disassemble components and compress the coil spring prior to installation. Each Quick-Strut assembly features application-engineered valving to optimize each vehicle's unique ride and handling characteristics.
In the past, replacing struts required specialized tools to compress, remove and transfer the spring. Our new strut and spring assemblies make this job much simpler for the do it yourself mechanic. This part comes pre-assembled. Jack up and support the vehicle with jack stands. Remove the wheel. Unbolt the top mounts and the bottom from the suspension and replace the whole unit. The large bottom bolts usually require an impact wrench and socket for removal. When reassembling, be sure to torque all nuts and bolts to their proper specifications. Do not use impact tools when reassembling.
Warranty Note: Tenneco Inc. warrants qualifying Monroe products against defects and wear-out when used on private passenger cars and light trucks under normal operating conditions for as long as such original purchaser owns the vehicle on which they were originally installed. Tenneco's obligation under this warranty is limited to replacement of the worn-out or defective product in accordance with this warranty. Cost of removal and installation are not included, and any incidental and consequential damages are excluded under this warranty, regardless of when the failure occurs. This warranty has no cash value. This warranty does not apply to products which have been modified, improperly applied or installed on vehicles used for commercial or racing purposes. Qualifying Products are Monroe OESpectrum Shocks and Struts, Monroe Reflex Shocks and Struts, Monroe Sensa-Trac Shocks and Struts, Monroe Quick-Strut replacement assemblies, Monroe Gas-Magnum Shocks
Remove the top of the strut
- Pop the hood and secure it.
- Apply penetrating oil to the 21 mm nut at the top of the strut.
- Use a 7 mm Allen wrench to secure the bolt and use your 21 socket and ratchet to remove the nut.
Remove the wheel
- Loosen the lug nuts
- Raise and secure the vehicle
- Remove the lug nuts and wheel.
Remove the bottom of the strut
- Use a breaker bar and penetrating oil to unbolt the 18 mm strut bolts on the bottom
- Remove the ABS bracket with your 10 mm socket and ratchet
- Pull the strut down and out.
Install the new strut
- Bolt the strut back in, torquing your 14 mm bolts to 35-45 ft lbs
- Insert your spindle to the lower end of the strut and raise your control arm until the bolt holes line up.
- Torque the bottom 18 mm nut to 85 ft lbs
- Replace your ABS bracket with your 10 mm socket and ratchet.
Replace the wheel
- Put the wheel on and hand tighten the lug nuts.
- Lower the vehicle and torque the lug nuts to 100 ft lbs using a star pattern.
How-to Video:(11:49 min)
- 7mm Allen Wrench
- Penetrating Oil
- Lug Wrench
- Pipe Wrench
- Breaker Bar
- Torque Wrench
- Flat Blade Screwdriver
- Pry Bar
- 18mm Socket
- 19mm Socket
- 20mm Socket
- 21mm Socket
- 22mm Socket
- Floor Jack
- Jack Stands
- 10mm Wrench
- 11mm Wrench
- 12mm Wrench
- 13mm Wrench
- 14mm Wrench
- 15mm Wrench
- 16mm Wrench
- 17mm Wrench
- 18mm Wrench
Materials, Fluids, and Supplies
Pliers, Cutters & misc Wrenches
Ratchets & Related
Screwdrivers & Related
Sockets - Metric
Wrenches - Metric
This part replaces:
- MONROE 171933
- 1993-1998 VW Golf Front Strut for L4 2.0L Pair (Without ABS Brakes) (Monroe Quick-Strut)
- 1985-1992 VW Jetta Front Strut for L4 1.6L Diesel Pair (Monroe Quick-Strut)
- 1985-1992 VW Jetta Front Strut for L4 1.8L 8 Valve Pair (Monroe Quick-Strut)
- 1990-1998 VW Jetta Front Strut for L4 2.0L Pair (Monroe Quick-Strut)
Part #: MNSSP00009
- Ships Same Day for orders placed by 5 P.M. ET
Free GROUND SHIPPINGCheck Shipping Rates
Brand #: 171933