Effective on November 23, 2009: This privacy statement describes how 1A Auto, Inc. collects and uses the personal information you provide on our Web site: www.1aauto.com . It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal information and how you can access and update this information.
Collection and Use of Personal Information1A Auto is the sole owner of the information collected on our site (http://www.1aauto.com) from our visitors. We will not sell, share or rent this information to others. When visitors or site members send email inquiries to 1A Auto, the return address is used to answer these emails. In addition, information such as name, address, email and other relevant information is collected upon placing an order with 1A Auto. The information collected from both of these actions is used strictly by 1A Auto to provide service and will not be used for any other purpose.
We collect the following personal information from you:
- Contact Information such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number
- Billing Information such as credit card number, and billing address
- Unique Identifiers such as user name, account number, password
- Preferences Information such as product wish lists, order history, marketing preferences
- As is true of most Web sites, we automatically gather information about your computer such as your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating system. We use this information to
- To fulfill your order
- To send you an order confirmation
- To send you requested product or service information
- To respond to customer service requests
- To administer your account
- To send you a newsletter
- To respond to your questions and concerns
- To improve our Web site and marketing efforts
- To conduct research and analysis
You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information Obtained from Third Parties
We obtain address information about you from third party sources, such as the US Postal Service, to verify your address so we can properly ship your order to you and to prevent fraud. If you provide us personal information about others, or if others give us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us. Information Sharing We will share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement. We do not sell your personal information to third parties. We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as shipping your order or offering customer service. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us. We may also disclose your personal information:
- as required by law such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request,
- if 1A Auto, Inc. is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information,
- to any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
Google & Paypal Checkout
Our Web pages contain electronic images known as Web beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs) and are used along with cookies to compile aggregated statistics to analyze how our site is used and may be used in some of our emails to let us know which emails and links have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our customer communications and marketing campaigns. We use a third party to gather information about how you and others use our Web site. For example, we will know how many users access a specific page and which links they clicked on. We use this aggregated information to understand and optimize how our site is used.
Use of third party cookies
Cookies are pieces of information that are placed from web sites you visited to your computer or mobile devices, and they may serve a variety of purposes. For example, cookies help 1A Auto track your browsing patterns and evaluate how the web sites are used to improve our services. Cookies also enable 1AAuto and third parties to deliver targeted advertising to you. Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. To do this look at the help menu on your browser. Switching off cookies may restrict your use of the website and/or delay or affect the way in which it operates.
Links to Other Websites
Correcting and Updating Your Personal Information
To review and update your personal information to ensure it is accurate, contact us at email@example.com.
Notification of Privacy Statement Changes
We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this Site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices. Contact Information You can contact us about this privacy statement by writing or email us at the address below: 1A Auto, Inc. 8 Chapel Pl Pepperell, MA, United States 01463 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 978-433-4100.
Log Files1A Auto uses IP addresses to analyze trends, track visitor's movement throughout the site as well as gather broad demographic information for statistical use. None of these pieces are linked to personally identifiable information.
Security1A Auto takes every precaution necessary to protect information that you trust us with. When our order form asks visitors to enter sensitive information, such as telephone or credit card numbers, this information is encrypted and is protected with secure socket layers (SSL). While on any of these secure pages, such as our order form, the lock icon on the bottom of your web browser becomes locked, indicating a safe connection, where important information can be transmitted without worry.