1999-2004 Chevy Silverado 2500 Rear Shock Absorber Pair (excluding Quadrasteer) (Monroe Sensa-Trac)MNSSP00502
- Brands: Monroe Sensa-Trac
- Location: Rear
- Quantity: Pair
This part replaces:
- MONROE 37164
Monroe® Sensa-Trac® Shock Absorbers: 37164
Quantity: (2) Shock Absorbers
Side: Both LH (Driver Side) & RH (Passenger Side)
Vehicle Type: All
Engine Size: All
Monroe Sensa-Trac Shock with Innovative Technology:
The Monroe® Sensa-Trac® Shock Absorber with PSD (position sensitive damping) and the Safe Tech™ system combines our exclusive precision tapered grooves in the pressure tube with application engineered valving and Fluon banded piston to improve the ride, handling, and safety characteristics of the vehicle.
These features allow the Monroe Sensa-Trac Strut Assembly to adjust more rapidly to changing road and weight conditions than any other available shock absorber.
The result: enhanced control with uncompromised ride comfort.
- All Weather Fluid: Contains special modifiers to reduce friction and ensure smooth rod reaction.
- Full Displaced Valving: Tuned specifically for each application, this valving automatically adjusts to road extremes to provide consistency and ride comfort.
- 1-3/16" Bore: Larger bore than most shocks to provide more efficient and consistent control.
- Fluon Banded Piston: Works with the existing groove tube technology to enhance responsiveness to changing road conditions.
- Unique Groove Tube - PSD: Precision tapered grooves in the pressure tube perform like an additional stage of valving for optimum ride tuning.
- Nitrogen Gas Charged: For improved ride and handling, helps maintain tire to road contact by reducing aeration.
- 1/2" Diameter Piston Rod: Nitrocarburized rod* for long service life.
- Special Seal: "Self-lubricating" fluid seal designed to retain gas without excessive wear or friction.
* On non-dust shield units only.
Effective June 23, 2014: This item is backed by a manufacturer's Limited Lifetime Warranty. In the event this item should fail due to manufacturing defects during intended use, we will exchange the part free of charge (excludes shipping charges) for the original purchaser. Please keep your invoice for proof of this warranty.
Step 1: Removing the Shock
- Jack up the truck (optional).
- Spray penetrating oil on the bolts of both shocks.
- Use two 21mm sockets with a breaker bar or pipe for leverage on the bolt at the bottom of the shock.
- Do NOT remove the bolt yet. Just the nut.
- Remove the nut from the top bolt.
- Carefully remove the bottom bolt, then the top bolt and pull the shock free.
Step 2: Installing New Shock
- Put the new shock into place.
- Put the top bolt through and start the nut.
- Put the bottom bolt on and start the nut.
- Tighten the nuts to about 70 to 75ft/lbs.
Step 3: Repeat All Steps on Other Side
How-to Video:(07:05 min)
- Breaker Bar
- 21mm Socket
- A Piece of Pipe (for leverage)
- 21mm wrench
Ratchets & Related
Sockets - Metric
Wrenches - Metric
This part replaces:
- MONROE 37164
- 2001-2003 Chevy Silverado 1500 HD Rear Shock Absorber Pair (excluding Electronic Suspension) (Monroe Sensa-Trac)
- 2005-2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 HD Rear Shock Absorber Pair (excluding Electronic Suspension) (Monroe Sensa-Trac)
- 1999-2004 Chevy Silverado 2500 Rear Shock Absorber Pair (excluding Quadrasteer) (Monroe Sensa-Trac)
- 2001-2010 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Rear Shock Absorber Pair (excluding Quadrasteer) (Monroe Sensa-Trac)
- 2001-2003 GMC Sierra 1500 HD Rear Shock Absorber Pair (excluding Electronic Suspension) (Monroe Sensa-Trac)
- 2005-2007 GMC Sierra 1500 HD Rear Shock Absorber Pair (excluding Electronic Suspension) (Monroe Sensa-Trac)
- 1999-2004 GMC Sierra 2500 Rear Shock Absorber Pair (excluding Quadrasteer) (Monroe Sensa-Trac)
- 2001-2010 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Rear Shock Absorber Pair (excluding Quadrasteer) (Monroe Sensa-Trac)
Part #: MNSSP00502
- Ships Same Day for orders placed by 5 P.M. ET
Free GROUND SHIPPINGCheck Shipping Rates
Brand #: 37164