2000-2001 Subaru Outback Engine Knock Sensor for H4 2.5L1AEKS00001
This part replaces:
- STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS KS98
- OE # 22060 AA070
This replacement Engine Knock (Detonation) Sensor is just what you need to get your Subaru in good running order again!
A knock sensor is like a small electronic microphone that is usually attached to the engine block and listens for a couple of things that a engine might do. One thing it listens for is pre-ignition or knocking inside the engine usually caused by a few issues including dirty gas, wrong engine timing low octane fuel, and also by the wrong spark plugs. It also listens for engine run on which happens when the vehicle is turned off, but tries to keep running until it stalls. Once a noise is detected, the knock sensor sends a signal to the cars computer which in turn will retard the timing at 2 degree intervals until it corrects the issue. If the knock sensor fails, it can seriously damage the engine, as continuous pre-ignition can cause fracture in the pistons.
This knock sensor features the following specifications:
- 100% New not remanufactured
- Built to strict quality control standards
This Engine Knock Sensor makes a great replacement and has substantial cost savings over a dealer unit.
- 1999-2002 Subaru Forester Engine Knock Sensor for H4 2.5L
- 1999-2002 Subaru Impreza Engine Knock Sensor for H4 2.5L
- 1999-2002 Subaru Impreza Engine Knock Sensor for H4 2.2L
- 1999-2002 Subaru Impreza Outback Engine Knock Sensor for H4 2.5L
- 1999-2001 Subaru Legacy Engine Knock Sensor for H4 2.5L
- 2000-2001 Subaru Outback Engine Knock Sensor for H4 2.5L