1991-1993 Ford Explorer Rear Shock Absorber Pair (Monro-Matic Plus)MNSSP00086
- Brands: Monro-Matic Plus
- Location: Rear
- Quantity: Pair
This part replaces:
- MONROE 32253
Monroe Monro-Matic Plus® Rear Shock Absorbers: 32253
Fits: Both LH (Driver Side) & RH (Passenger Side)
Fits: All Models (2WD & 4WD)
Exclusions: Do NOT fit Models with Electronic Suspension or Automatic Ride Control - As listed by application
Monroe Monro-Matic Shock with Innovative Technology:
The Monro-Matic Plus® shock absorbers are nitrogen gas charged and feature velocity sensitive valving and all weather fluid, which offers trucks improved comfort at an economical price.
The result: enhanced control with uncompromised ride comfort.
- All Weather Fluid: Contains special modifiers to reduce friction and ensure smooth rod reaction.
- Full Displaced Valving: Tuned specifically for each application, this valving automatically adjusts to road extremes to provide consistency and ride comfort.
- Sintered Iron Piston: Stronger than traditional metals, enhances durability for longer service life.
- Nitrogen Gas Charged: For improved ride and handling, helps maintain tire to road contact by reducing aeration.
- 2" Reserve Tube: More fluid for more consistent performance.
- 1-3/8" Bore: Lower operating pressure than standard 1" bore units.
- 5/8" Piston Rod: Heavy-duty nitrocarburized rod* for long service life.
- Special Seal: "Self-lubricating" fluid seal designed to retain gas without excessive wear or friction.
* On non-dust shield units only.
1 Year Warranty
This item is backed by a 1 Year Manufacturers Warranty. In the event this item should fail during intended use, we will exchange the part free of charge (excludes shipping charges) for the original purchaser. Please keep your invoice for proof of this warranty.
Remove the shock absorbers
- Apply penetrating oil to the nuts and bolts
- Use a 18 socket and ratchet to remove the nuts, using a breaker bar to help.
- Secure the bolt while you remove the nut with a 15 mm wrench.
- With a hammer and chisel, remove the bolt from the shock.
Remove the spare tire
- Use the jack that comes with the spare or a large screwdriver to unbolt the spare tire.
- Remove the bracket securing the spare tire.
- Pop the bracket off with a sharp rap with a hammer.
- Now you have access to the top of the shock absorber.
- Use a 13mm wrench to remove the two bolts.
Install the new shock absorber
- Bolt in the upper part of the shock absorber, using a 13 mm wrench.
- On the bottom part, use a hammer to get the bolt into place if necessary.
- Use an 18 mm socket and ratchet to secure the nut on the bottom bolt.
How-to Video:(06:35 min)
- Penetrating Oil
- Breaker Bar
- Flat Blade Screwdriver
- 18mm Socket
- 13mm Wrench
- 15mm Wrench
Materials, Fluids, and Supplies
Ratchets & Related
Screwdrivers & Related
Sockets - Metric
Wrenches - Metric
This part replaces:
- MONROE 32253
- 1991-1993 Ford Explorer Rear Shock Absorber Pair (Monro-Matic Plus)
- 1994-2001 Ford Explorer Rear Shock Absorber Pair (excluding Adjustable Suspension) (Monro-Matic Plus)
- 2002-2003 Ford Explorer Sport Rear Shock Absorber Pair (Monro-Matic Plus)
- 2001-2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Rear Shock Absorber Pair (Monro-Matic Plus)
- 1991-1994 Mazda Navajo Rear Shock Absorber Pair (Monro-Matic Plus)
- 1997-2001 Mercury Mountaineer Rear Shock Absorber Pair (Monro-Matic Plus)
Part #: MNSSP00086
- Ships Same Day for orders placed by 5 P.M. ET
Free GROUND SHIPPINGCheck Shipping Rates
Brand #: 32253