2001-2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4WD Front Shock Absorber Pair (Monro-Matic Plus)MNSSP00085
- Brands: Monro-Matic Plus
- Location: Front
- Quantity: Pair
This part replaces:
- MONROE 32296
Monroe Monro-Matic Plus® Front Shock Absorbers: 32296
Fits: Both LH (Driver Side) & RH (Passenger Side)
Exclusions: Do NOT fit certain models with Electronic Suspension, Automatic Ride Control, or Front Coil Springs - Listed per application
Monroe Monro-Matic Shock with Innovative Technology:
The Monro-Matic Plus® shock absorbers are nitrogen gas charged and feature velocity sensitive valving and all weather fluid, which offers trucks improved comfort at an economical price.
The result: enhanced control with uncompromised ride comfort.
- All Weather Fluid: Contains special modifiers to reduce friction and ensure smooth rod reaction.
- Full Displaced Valving: Tuned specifically for each application, this valving automatically adjusts to road extremes to provide consistency and ride comfort.
- Sintered Iron Piston: Stronger than traditional metals, enhances durability for longer service life.
- Nitrogen Gas Charged: For improved ride and handling, helps maintain tire to road contact by reducing aeration.
- 2" Reserve Tube: More fluid for more consistent performance.
- 1-3/8" Bore: Lower operating pressure than standard 1" bore units.
- 5/8" Piston Rod: Heavy-duty nitrocarburized rod* for long service life.
- Special Seal: "Self-lubricating" fluid seal designed to retain gas without excessive wear or friction.
* On non-dust shield units only.
1 Year Warranty
This item is backed by a 1 Year Manufacturers Warranty. In the event this item should fail during intended use, we will exchange the part free of charge (excludes shipping charges) for the original purchaser. Please keep your invoice for proof of this warranty.
Remove the shocks
- Use your 15 mm wrench and a 13mm socket and ratchet to remove the bolts.
- Use penetrating oil and an adjustable wrench and vice grips to help remove the nuts and bolts.
Install the new shocks
- Assemble the washers and grommets onto the shocks and put them into place, putting the rest of the washers and grommets into place.
- Bolt into place nice and tight.
- Use a jack to lift the control arm to bolt the shock on the rest of the way.
How-to Video:(07:08 min)
- Penetrating Oil
- Adjustable Wrench
- Breaker Bar
- 13mm Socket
- 15mm Socket
Materials, Fluids, and Supplies
Pliers, Cutters & misc Wrenches
Ratchets & Related
Sockets - Metric
This part replaces:
- MONROE 32296
- 1995-2001 Ford Explorer 4WD Front Shock Absorber Pair (excluding Adjustable Suspension) (Monro-Matic Plus)
- 1996-2001 Ford Explorer AWD Front Shock Absorber Pair (excluding Adjustable Suspension) (Monro-Matic Plus)
- 2001-2003 Ford Explorer Sport 4WD Front Shock Absorber Pair (Monro-Matic Plus)
- 2001-2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4WD Front Shock Absorber Pair (Monro-Matic Plus)
- 1998-2011 Ford Ranger Front Shock Absorber for Torsion Bar Suspension Pair (Monro-Matic Plus)
- 1998-2008 Mazda B3000 Truck Front Shock Absorber for Torsion Bar Suspension Pair (Monro-Matic Plus)
- 1998-2009 Mazda B4000 Truck Front Shock Absorber for Torsion Bar Suspension Pair (Monro-Matic Plus)
- 1997-2001 Mercury Mountaineer Front Shock Absorber for 4WD or AWD Models Pair (Monro-Matic Plus)
Part #: MNSSP00085
- Ships Same Day for orders placed by 5 P.M. ET
Free GROUND SHIPPINGCheck Shipping Rates
Brand #: 32296