1993-1999 GMC C1500 Truck Idler Arm1ASIA00004
Your idler arm connects to the center link on the passenger side of your steering linkage. Typically it supports the right hand side of your steering linkage by bolting to the frame and pivoting the same as the pitman arm. Over time the greasable ends and even the holes in the arm can wear causing loose connections and a sloppy steering feel.
- Includes (1) Idler Arm assembly as shown
- Comes as shown with greasable end
- Replaces dealer part numbers: 26028523, 26028525, 26059030
- Direct replacement
- Built to strict quality control standards
Remember whenever you are replacing any front end or steering components you should have your vehicle professionally aligned as soon as possible.
Effective June 23, 2014: This item is backed by a manufacturer's Limited Lifetime Warranty. In the event this item should fail due to manufacturing defects during intended use, we will exchange the part free of charge (excludes shipping charges) for the original purchaser. Please keep your invoice for proof of this warranty.
Remove the wheel
- Loosen the lug nuts.
- Raise and secure the vehicle
- Remove the lug nuts and the wheel.
Remove the front shield
- Use a 15 mm socket and ratchet.
- Remove the four bolts.
Remove the Idler Arm
- Remove the 24 mm bolt securing the idler arm to the steering linkage
- Use a joint fork and a hammer to separate the joint.
- Remove the three other bolts securing the idler arm.
- Use a Tie Rod Puller to pull apart the idler arm and the idler shaft.
Install the new idler arm
- Assemble your new idler arm to your idler shaft, threading on the bushing and nut.
- Bolt in the idler arm assembly into place, tightening up the three nuts.
- Bolt in the end of the idler arm assembly to the steering gear.
- Torque the nuts and bolts to 80 ft lbs.
- Install the cotter pin.
- Use a grease gun and fill the grease fitting.
- Replace the shield with the four 15mm bolts.
- Clip the air bag harness back in.
- Put the wheel back on and lower the car
- Using a star pattern torque the lug nuts to 120-140 ft lbs
How-to Video:(08:13 min)
- Breaker Bar
- Socket Extensions
- Torque Wrench
- 15mm Socket
- 18mm Socket
- 19mm Socket
- 22mm Socket
- 24mm Socket
- Grease Gun
- Jack Stands
- Large C-Clamp
- Tie Rod Fork
- Tie Rod Puller
- 18mm Wrench
Ratchets & Related
Sockets - Metric
Wrenches - Metric
- 1999-2000 Cadillac Escalade Idler Arm
- 1993-1994 Chevy Blazer Full Size Idler Arm
- 1993-1999 Chevy C1500 Truck Idler Arm
- 1993-2000 Chevy C2500 Truck Idler Arm
- 1993-2000 Chevy C3500 Truck Idler Arm
- 1993-1999 Chevy K1500 Truck Idler Arm
- 1993-2000 Chevy K2500 Truck Idler Arm
- 1993-2000 Chevy K3500 Truck Idler Arm
- 1993-1999 Chevy Suburban C1500 Idler Arm
- 1993-1999 Chevy Suburban C2500 Idler Arm
- 1993-1999 Chevy Suburban K1500 Idler Arm
- 1993-1999 Chevy Suburban K2500 Idler Arm
- 1995-1999 Chevy Tahoe Idler Arm
- 2000 Chevy Tahoe Idler Arm for V8 5.7L Models
- 1993-1999 GMC C1500 Truck Idler Arm
- 1993-2000 GMC C2500 Truck Idler Arm
- 1993-2000 GMC C3500 Truck Idler Arm
- 1993-1999 GMC K1500 Truck Idler Arm
- 1993-2000 GMC K2500 Truck Idler Arm
- 1993-2000 GMC K3500 Truck Idler Arm
- 1993-1999 GMC Suburban Idler Arm
- 1992-1999 GMC Yukon Idler Arm
- 2000 GMC Yukon Idler Arm for V8 5.7L Models
Part #: 1ASIA00004
- Ships Same Day for orders placed by 5 P.M. ET
Free GROUND SHIPPINGCheck Shipping Rates