1990-1990 Pontiac Grand Am Brake Pad & Rotor Kit PREMIUM METALLIC Front for Models with RPO Code WS61ABFS00008
- Brake Options: Semi-Metallic
- Location: Front
Hearing squeaking noises from the wheels? This may be the wear tabs on the brake shoes saying, "it is time for replacement." Aging brakes can also result in a pulsation from the brake pedal or long stopping distances. Brakes should be inspected every 10,000 miles or any time the tires are removed. They may need frequent replacement such as every 20,000 miles if used in stop and go traffic. Brakes can last longer if the vehicle is used primarily for long highway trips.
Brake Pad & Rotor Kit Includes:
- (2) Brake Rotors
- Semi-Metallic Brake Pad Set
- Fits both LH (Driver Side) & RH (Passenger Side) FRONT
- No core charges
- Direct replacements
Note: If your vehicle requires a match to an RPO (Regular Production Option) code, you can usually find it on your original window sticker and sometimes either on the inside of your glove box door or the front, driver's side door shell
This brake pad set makes a great replacement and has an excellent value over the price of dealer brake pads.
Effective June 23, 2014: This item is backed by a manufacturer's Limited Lifetime Warranty. In the event this item should fail due to manufacturing defects during intended use, we will exchange the part free of charge (excludes shipping charges) for the original purchaser. Please keep your invoice for proof of this warranty.
Wear and Tear
This item is backed by a warranty against defects in materials and workmanship under its intended use. The warranty does not cover normal wear and tear. Please keep your invoice for proof of this warranty.
Step 1: Remove front wheel.
- Remove hub cap or center cap if you have it.
- While your car is still on the ground, use your lug wrench to loosen your lug nuts.
- Jack up and secure your car with jack stands.
- Remove the lug nuts with your lug wrench.
- Remove the wheel and set aside.
Step 2: Remove the front brake calipers
- Use a screwdriver to force the pistons back in.
- Remove the three 3/8 Allen bolts to remove the calipers.
- Clean out the Allen bolts if needed.
- Use a wire tie to fasten the caliper out of the way.
- Use your screwdriver to pry out your brake pads.
- Pull off the brake rotor.
- Hit the rotor with a rubber mallet or hammer if necessary.
- Take care not to damage the lug studs.
Step 3: Install new brake rotor and pads
- Clean new rotor with brake cleaner.
- Insert your new pads into the front brake caliper.
- Compress the front brake caliper piston with a c-clamp to reset the pistons.
- Mount the front brake caliper and torque the 3/8 Allen bolts in as tight as they will go by hand.
Step 5: Put your front wheel back on
- Make sure to use a star pattern when putting your wheel lugs back on.
- Tighten to 75 ft lbs.
- Replace hubcap/center cap.
Step 6: Test and set brake pads and rotors
- Before driving the car again, start it up and pump the brakes a few times to get the pistons in the brakes in place.
- Test the brakes in your driveway before taking the car onto the road.
- Set your rotors by evenly braking from 30mph to 10mph, 50mph-30mph and finally 70mph to 40mph.
- This is best done on a straight back road without any traffic.
How-to Video:(09:09 min)
- 3/8 Inch Allen Wrench
- Brake Parts Cleaner
- Wire Ties
- Lug Wrench
- Breaker Bar
- Torque Wrench
- Flat Blade Screwdriver
- 19mm Socket
- Floor Jack
- Jack Stands
- Large C-Clamp
- Large Hammer
- Wire Brush
Materials, Fluids, and Supplies
Pliers, Cutters & misc Wrenches
Ratchets & Related
Screwdrivers & Related
Sockets - Metric
- 1990 Buick Skylark Brake Pad & Rotor Kit PREMIUM METALLIC Front for Models with RPO Code WS6
- 1991-1995 Buick Skylark Brake Pad & Rotor Kit PREMIUM METALLIC Front
- 1992-1996 Chevy Beretta Brake Pad & Rotor Kit PREMIUM METALLIC Front
- 1992-2004 Chevy Cavalier Brake Pad & Rotor Kit PREMIUM METALLIC Front
- 1992-1996 Chevy Corsica Brake Pad & Rotor Kit PREMIUM METALLIC Front
- 1992-1998 Olds Achieva Brake Pad & Rotor Kit PREMIUM METALLIC Front
- 1990 Olds Calais Brake Pad & Rotor Kit PREMIUM METALLIC Front for Models with RPO Code WS6
- 1991 Olds Calais Brake Pad & Rotor Kit PREMIUM METALLIC Front
- 1990 Olds Cutlass Calais Brake Pad & Rotor Kit PREMIUM METALLIC Front for Models with RPO Code WS6
- 1991 Olds Cutlass Calais Brake Pad & Rotor Kit PREMIUM METALLIC Front
- 1990 Pontiac Grand Am Brake Pad & Rotor Kit PREMIUM METALLIC Front for Models with RPO Code WS6
- 1991-1995 Pontiac Grand Am Brake Pad & Rotor Kit PREMIUM METALLIC Front
- 1992-1994 Pontiac Sunbird Brake Pad & Rotor Kit PREMIUM METALLIC Front
- 1995-2005 Pontiac Sunfire Brake Pad & Rotor Kit PREMIUM METALLIC Front
Part #: 1ABFS00008
- Ships Same Day for orders placed by 5 P.M. ET
Free GROUND SHIPPINGCheck Shipping Rates
"Thanks for the fast reliable service. Great price, and the headlights were as good as oem or better!!! Keep up the good work..."- Dwuan M.