1996-2004 Acura RL Engine Knock Sensor for V6 3.5L Front Bank1AEKS00002-479592
This part replaces:
- OE # 30530P2MA01
- Standard Motor Products KS65
This replacement Engine Knock (Detonation) Sensor is just what you need to get your vehicle in good running order again!
A knock sensor is like a small electronic microphone that is usually attached to the engine block and listens for a couple of things that a engine might do. One thing it listens for is pre-ignition or knocking inside the engine usually caused by a few issues including dirty gas, wrong engine timing low octane fuel, and also by the wrong spark plugs. It also listens for engine run on which happens when the vehicle is turned off, but tries to keep running until it stalls. Once a noise is detected, the knock sensor sends a signal to the cars computer which in turn will retard the timing at 2 degree intervals until it corrects the issue. If the knock sensor fails, it can seriously damage the engine, as continuous pre-ignition can cause fracture in the pistons.
This knock sensor features the following specifications:
- Acura RL Models
- LH (Driver Side) Engine (Front Bank)
- Honda Civic Models
- Underside of Vehicle, Rear of Engine
- Acura RL Models
- 100% New not remanufactured
- Replaces dealer part numbers: 30530-P2M-A01, 30530P2MA01
- Mounts to engine block
- Built to strict quality control standards
- Some models may use more then one
- Mounting type: Screw in
- Number of Terminals: (1)
This Engine Knock Sensor makes a great replacement and has substantial cost savings over a dealer unit.
This item is backed by a Limited Lifetime Warranty. In the event this item should fail due to manufacturing defects during intended use, we will exchange the part free of charge (excludes shipping charges) for the original purchaser. Please keep your invoice for proof of this warranty.
- 1996-2004 Acura RL Engine Knock Sensor for V6 3.5L Front Bank
- 1996-2000 Honda Civic Engine Knock Sensor for L4 1.6L (excluding SI Models)