1995-2002 Ford Crown Victoria Front Upper Ball Joint Pair1ASFK00847
These replacement upper ball joints are just what you need to ensure the safety and integrity of your vehicle's suspension and steering.
- Comes as a PAIR
- Fits both LH (Driver Side) & RH (Passenger Side) UPPER
- Replaces dealer part numbers: F5AZ-3049-A, F6AZ-3049-AA, F7AZ-3049-AA, F5AZ3049A, F6AZ3049AA, F7AZ3049AA
- Direct replacements
- Built to strict quality control standards
Worn ball joints can cause excessive front tire wear, popping or creaking in the front end, extra play in the steering system, and pose a serious safety concern. Replace loose or worn ball joints with our quality replacement.
One way to diagnose a loose, or warn ball joint, is to jack the car up, so the wheel is off of the ground, then have someone try to move the wheel in and out. While they are moving the wheel check the ball joint for play, if it is moving you probably need to replace it.
Effective June 23, 2014: This item is backed by a manufacturer's Limited Lifetime Warranty. In the event this item should fail due to manufacturing defects during intended use, we will exchange the part free of charge (excludes shipping charges) for the original purchaser. Please keep your invoice for proof of this warranty.
Remove the wheel
- Loosen the lug nuts with a lug wrench or 19 mm socket and ratchet.
- Raise and secure the vehicle.
- Remove the lug nuts and wheel.
Remove the cams
- Secure the frame of the vehicle.
- Jack up the control arm/suspension of the car.
- Mark your inner and outer cams to help align your vehicle during assembly.
- Remove the 22 mm bolts and remove the inner and outer cams.
Remove the upper ball joint
- Remove the 18 mm nut and remove bolt.
- Remove the upper ball joint.
Install the new upper ball joint.
- Fit the ball joint into the steering knuckle and over the control arm studs.
- Work the upper ball joint into place.
- Bolt down with the 18 mm ball joint locking nut.
- Put your cams down on the control arm studs and thread on the locking nuts.
- Line up your marks on the cams and tighten down the lock nuts the rest of the way.
- Tighten up the pinch bolt to 90 ft lbs.
- Torque the control arm nuts to 118 ft lbs.
- Insert your grease fitting and fill with the grease gun.
put your wheel back on
- Hand tighten your lug nuts
- Lower the suspension and the vehicle.
- Torque your lug nuts in a star pattern to 100-110 ft lbs.
How-to Video:(08:44 min)
- Marker / Writing Utensil
- Adjustable Wrench
- Lug Wrench
- Breaker Bar
- Socket Extensions
- Torque Wrench
- Flat Blade Screwdriver
- Phillips Head Screwdriver
- 18mm Socket
- 19mm Socket
- 20mm Socket
- 21mm Socket
- 22mm Socket
- Floor Jack
- Grease Gun
- Jack Stands
Materials, Fluids, and Supplies
Pliers, Cutters & misc Wrenches
Ratchets & Related
Screwdrivers & Related
Sockets - Metric
- 1995-2002 Ford Crown Victoria Front Upper Ball Joint Pair
- 1995-2002 Lincoln Town Car Front Upper Ball Joint Pair
- 1995-2002 Mercury Grand Marquis Front Upper Ball Joint Pair
Part #: 1ASFK00847
- Ships Same Day for orders placed by 5 P.M. ET
Free GROUND SHIPPINGCheck Shipping Rates
"Thanks for the fast reliable service. Great price, and the headlights were as good as oem or better!!! Keep up the good work..."- Dwuan M.