1995-2001 Ford Explorer Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly Front Pair 4WD1ASHS00006
- Comes as a PAIR
- Fits LH (Driver Side) and RH (Passenger Side) FRONT
- 5 lug
- Fits 4 wheel drive 4WD (4x4) models
- Includes ABS sensors, wires, and correct connectors
- Includes wheel studs (already installed)
- Comes completely preassembled, ready to install
- You will not have a problem with our product. If you are comparing us to someone selling a brand name product remember brand names are only as good as the company selling them. Both Bizrate.com and The Better Business Bureau recognize 1A Auto as a trusted online seller. You will be pleased with what you find out about us.
- You don't want to be delayed by a defective part. 1A Auto wheel hubs & bearings are all tested prior to shipping.
- These hub & bearing sets will install just as your originals do. You can use your existing hardware.
- Save time and money with direct fit hub bearing assemblies. No trips to the auto parts store or extra time trying to match up and press bearings.
- Hub installation is a degree more difficult than changing a tire on most vehicles.
- Some shops and dealers charge more for parts and repairs when they think the customer doesn't know what is involved. Now you can get the value you deserve. Knowing what this repair entails can be the difference between the value of doing it yourself, or the pain of a costly part or repair bill.
2 Year Warranty
This item is backed by a 2 Year Manufacturers Warranty. In the event this item should fail during intended use, we will exchange the part free of charge (excludes shipping charges) for the original purchaser. Please keep your invoice for proof of this warranty.
Step 1: Remove wheel.
- While your car is still on the ground, use your 32mm socket to loosen the center hub nut.
- Loosen your lug nuts and jack up the car.
- Remove the lug nuts with your 19mm socket and ratchet.
- Remove the wheel and set aside.
Step 2: Remove the brakes
- Remove the 13 and 15mm bolts holding the calipers and the bracket.
- Wire tie the caliper up and out of the way, set the bracket to the side.
- Remove your rotor and set aside.
- Remove your dust shield by removing the 3 8mm bolts.
- Disconnect your ABS wiring harness using a 5mm allen wrench.
Step 3: Remove hub
- Use an axle puller or a light but firm tap with a small hammer on the axle to remove the hub.
- Remove the 3 15mm bolts, using penetrating oil to help.
- A breaker bar or piece of pipe on the end of your ratchet may be needed.
- Remove the hub and clean the area with a wire brush.
Step 4: Replace hub
- Put position your new 1A Auto hub on the axle.
- Put the three 15mm bolts in place and tighten the nuts to 70 ft lbs.
- Reinstall your wiring harness, clip everything to the frame.
- Reinstall your dust shield, tightening the 3 8mm bolts up.
Step 5: Put brakes and wheel back on
- Refer to our other videos for more detailed instructions.
- Remember to replace the lug nuts on in a star pattern.
- Lug nuts tighten to 90-100 ft lbs
- Hub nut is 157-213 ft lbs.
- Make sure to check your brakes and steering before driving again.
- Make sure to have the vehicle aligned.
How-to Video:(12:15 min)
- Needle nose pliers
- Flat Blade Screwdriver
- 13mm Socket
- 15mm Socket
- 19mm Socket
- 32mm Socket
- 8mm Socket
- Floor Jack
- Jack Stands
Pliers, Cutters & misc Wrenches
Ratchets & Related
Screwdrivers & Related
Sockets - Metric
- 1995-2001 Ford Explorer Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly Front Pair 4WD
- 2001-2002 Ford Explorer Sport Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly Front Pair 4WD
- 2001-2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly Front Pair 4WD
- 1997-2001 Mercury Mountaineer Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly Pair Front 4WD
Part #: 1ASHS00006
- Ships Same Day for orders placed by 5 P.M. ET
Free GROUND SHIPPINGCheck Shipping Rates