1997-2003 Chevy Malibu Front Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly for Models with ABS Pair1ASHS00005
These replacement front hub and bearing assemblies are just what you need to get your vehicle in good working order again!
- Come as a PAIR
- Fits both LH (Driver Side) & RH (Passenger Side) FRONT
- Replaces dealer part number: 88957259
- 3 Bolt Flanges (Bolt to Steering Knuckles with 3 Bolts)
- Fit 5 Lug Wheels
- Wheel Mounting Studs already installed
- Include ABS Sensors and Plug Wires
Note: For the 2004-05 Malibu Classic requiring a VIN (Vehicle Identification Number), please match the 4th digit of your VIN number to the VIN code on your title. Your vehicles VIN number can be found in the lower left corner of the windshield or on your registration.
These hub and bearing assemblies are great replacements and have good cost savings over dealer units.
- You will not have a problem with our product. If you are comparing us to someone selling a brand name product remember brand names are only as good as the company selling them. Both Bizrate.com and The Better Business Bureau recognize 1A Auto as a trusted online seller. You will be pleased with what you find out about us.
- You don't want to be delayed by a defective part. 1A Auto wheel hubs & bearings are all tested prior to shipping.
- These hub & bearing sets will install just as your originals do. You can use your existing hardware.
- Save time and money with direct fit hub bearing assemblies. No trips to the auto parts store or extra time trying to match up and press bearings.
- Hub installation is a degree more difficult than changing a tire on most vehicles.
- Some shops and dealers charge more for parts and repairs when they think the customer doesn't know what is involved. Now you can get the value you deserve. Knowing what this repair entails can be the difference between the value of doing it yourself, or the pain of a costly part or repair bill.
2 Year Warranty
This item is backed by a 2 Year Manufacturers Warranty. In the event this item should fail during intended use, we will exchange the part free of charge (excludes shipping charges) for the original purchaser. Please keep your invoice for proof of this warranty.
Step 1: Loosening the Lug Nuts and Hub Nut
- Before lifting the car, loosen the lug nuts up with a 19 mm wrench, and the hub nut using a 35 mm socket. It's best to do this while the car is on the ground so the wheels won't move.
Step 2: Raising and Securing the Car
- Raise the car with either a lift or a jack and jack stands.
- Remove the tire.
Step 3: Removing the Brake Caliper
- Remove the two 13mm bolts-one on top and one on the bottom.
- Grab hold of the caliper and pull off. If it's difficult, you can use the screwdriver or wrench to carefully pry it off.
- Remove the brake rotor.
Step 4: Removing the Hub
- There are three bolts that hold in the hub.
- Remove those three bolts.
- Go to the other side of the car, grab hold of the wheels and turn it.
- If the car youâ€™re working on has ABS, disconnect the ABS sensor.
- Reach in behind and remove the clip holding the hub.
- For the large center bolt, use a 34 mm socket. Once the center bolt is removed, simply pull the hub off the axle shaft.
- (If it doesnâ€™t come off, youâ€™ll need an axle puller or a gear puller. Do not use a hammer.)
Step 5: Replacing the hub
- Once the new hub is ready, place it into position on the axle shaft.
- Take the original bolts and reattach the hub.
How-to Video:(10:00 min)
- 3/8 Inch Air Impact Gun
- Socket Extensions
- Torque Wrench
- Flat Blade Screwdriver
- 13mm Socket
- 19mm Socket
- 35mm Socket
- Floor Jack
- Jack Stands
Air Powered Tools
Ratchets & Related
Screwdrivers & Related
Sockets - Metric
- 2004-2005 Chevy Classic Front Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly for Models with ABS Pair
- 1997-2003 Chevy Malibu Front Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly for Models with ABS Pair
- 1999-2004 Olds Alero Front Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly Pair
- 1997-1999 Olds Cutlass Front Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly Pair (excluding Supreme Models)
- 1999-2005 Pontiac Grand Am Front Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly Pair
Part #: 1ASHS00005
- Ships Same Day for orders placed by 5 P.M. ET
Free GROUND SHIPPINGCheck Shipping Rates