1996-2006 Ford Taurus Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly Front Pair ( Timken)TKSHS00033
This part replaces:
- TIMKEN 513100
TIMKEN WHEEL BEARING & HUB ASSEMBLY PAIR: 513100
- Brand New Timken Wheel Bearing & Hub Assemblies
- Comes as a PAIR:
- Includes both the LH (Driver Side) & RH (Passenger Side) Front
- Direct replacement
- Replaces dealer part numbers: 3F132C300BA, 3F13-2C300-BA, 3F1Z1104BA, 3F1Z-1104-BA, F50Y1104A, F50Y-1104-A, F8RZ1104AA, F8RZ-1104-AA, XFI22C300BB, XFI2-2C300-BB, XFIZ1104AEB, XFIZ-1104AE-B, XFIZ1104BA, XFIZ-1104-BA
- Fits 5 lug wheel
- Wheel studs already installed
Note: These parts are authentic Timken brand products that are supplied and packaged by Timken. In some cases, Timken will source parts from other high quality suppliers such as SKF and Koyo. These parts are subjected to the very same testing and quality standards as all Timken products.
- Remove hub nut
- Remove lug nuts and remove wheel with an 18mm socket.
Remove tie rod
- Remove cotter pin.
- Use your 18 mm socket to remove the nut at the bottom of the tie rod.
- Use your tie rod puller to pull the tie rod up.
- Use your two adjustable wrenches to remove the tie rod.
Remove the axle.
- Disconnect the brake line bracket and ABS sensor
- Remove the upper stabilizer bolt with an 18mm wrench and a 10 mm wrench to secure it.
- Remove the lower stabilizer bolt using your 18 mm wrench to secure it and a 21 mm socket.
- Use a hammer to drive the bolt all the way out.
- Move the steering knuckle off the strut with a hammer.
- Tap the axle with a hammer and use a pry bar to pry it out of the steering knuckle.
- Pry the other end of the axle out.
Remove Brake Caliper
- Use your 12mm and 15mm socket wrenches to remove the calipers and caliper brackets.
- Use a wire tie to help prevent stress on the caliper.
- Use your socket to remove the brackets.
- Use a wire tie to secure the caliper up out of the way.
Remove the brake rotor
- Take care not to touch the rotor, and if you do make sure to clean it with rubbing alcohol or mineral spirits.
- On this vehicle, the hub is cast iron and the knuckle is aluminum, seizing is a potential issue.
- Use an air hammer and protective eyewear to break the hub free if this happens.
- Remove the hub with a hammer.
- Clean up any corrosion with a wire brush.
Install new hub
- Use some penetrating oil or anti-seize grease to prep the knuckle for the new hub.
- Put the three 15 mm bolts in place and tighten the nuts to 70 ft lbs.
- Check out our other videos to see how to finish putting everything back together.
How-to Video:(09:55 min)
- Anti-Seize Grease
- Penetrating Oil
- Wire Ties
- Socket Extensions
- 10mm Socket
- 11mm Socket
- 12mm Socket
- 13mm Socket
- 14mm Socket
- 15mm Socket
- 16mm Socket
- 17mm Socket
- 18mm Socket
- 19mm Socket
- 20mm Socket
- 21mm Socket
- Floor Jack
- Jack Stands
- Large Hammer
- Tie Rod Puller
- Wire Brush
- 10mm Wrench
- 11mm Wrench
- 12mm Wrench
- 13mm Wrench
- 14mm Wrench
- 15mm Wrench
- 16mm Wrench
- 17mm Wrench
- 18mm Wrench
Materials, Fluids, and Supplies
Ratchets & Related
Sockets - Metric
Wrenches - Metric
This part replaces:
- TIMKEN 513100
- 1996-2006 Ford Taurus Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly Front Pair ( Timken)
- 1995-2002 Lincoln Continental Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly Front Pair ( Timken)
- 1996-2005 Mercury Sable Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly Front Pair ( Timken)
Part #: TKSHS00033
- Ships Same Day for orders placed by 5 P.M. ET
Free GROUND SHIPPINGCheck Shipping Rates
Brand #: 513100
"Thanks for the fast reliable service. Great price, and the headlights were as good as oem or better!!! Keep up the good work..."- Dwuan M.