1991-1991 Buick Skylark Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly Rear for Models with ABS Pair (Timken)TKSHS00042
This part replaces:
- TIMKEN 512001
TIMKEN WHEEL BEARING & HUB ASSEMBLY PAIR: 512001
- Brand New Timken Wheel Bearing & Hub Assemblies
- Comes as a PAIR:
- Includes both the LH (Driver Side) & RH (Passenger Side)REAR
- Direct replacement
- Replaces OE# 7470597
- Has ABS sensor
- Built to strict quality control standards
- You will not have a problem with our product. If you are comparing us to someone selling a brand name product remember brand names are only as good as the company selling them. Both Bizrate.com and The Better Business Bureau recognize 1A Auto as a trusted online seller. You will be pleased with what you find out about us.
- You don't want to be delayed by a defective part. 1A Auto hub bearings are all tested prior to shipping.
- This hub bearing will install just as your original does. You can use your existing hardware.
- Save time and money with this direct fit hub bearing assembly. No trips to the auto parts store or extra time trying to match up and press bearings.
- Hub installation is a degree more difficult than changing a tire on most vehicles.
1. Jack the vehicle up and support with proper jack stands.
2. Have a helper hold the brake pedal while you loosen the Axle Shaft Nut. This usually requires a large socket (30mm or larger) and impact wrench.
3. Remove the brake caliper and brake rotor. Use string or a plastic tie to hang the caliper up and out of the way.
4. Unplug ABS sensor (if applicable)
5. Unbolt the hub flange. The hub may come free from the axle shaft easily, if not, use a gear puller or similar tool that pulls on the hub while pushing on the axle shaft. DO NOT try to drive the axle out with a hammer, this could ruin your axle CV joints.
Reverse order to install.
We were able to do a removal and replace on a GM car in about 45 minutes.
- Some shops and dealers charge more for parts and repairs when they think the customer doesn't know what is involved. Now you can get the value you deserve. Knowing what this repair entails can be the difference between the value of doing it yourself, or the pain of a costly part or repair bill.
Note: These parts are authentic Timken brand products that are supplied and packaged by Timken. In some cases, Timken will source parts from other high quality suppliers such as SKF and Koyo. These parts are subjected to the very same testing and quality standards as all Timken products.
Effective June 23, 2014: This item is backed by a manufacturer's Limited Lifetime Warranty. In the event this item should fail due to manufacturing defects during intended use, we will exchange the part free of charge (excludes shipping charges) for the original purchaser. Please keep your invoice for proof of this warranty.
Step 1: Remove wheel.
- While your car is still on the ground.
- Loosen your lug nuts and jack up the car.
- Remove the lug nuts with your socket and ratchet or lug wrench.
- Remove the wheel and set aside.
Step 2: Remove the brakes
- Pull the drum off.
- Use your vice grips to pull out the springs.
- Use a screwdriver to pry off the adjustor lever.
- Remove the pin holding the shoes on.
- Set aside.
Step 3: Remove hub
- Disconnect ABS sensor if applicable.
- Remove the T50 torx bolts using an 18mm wrench to secure the nut.
- Separate the hub from the backing plate.
- Clean up with a wire brush.
Step 4: Replace hub
- Put position your new 1A Auto hub in place.
- Secure the T50 torx bolts and nuts and tighten to 44 ft lbs.
- Plug the ABS sensor back in.
Step 5: Put brakes and wheel back on
- For more detailed instructions on reassembling drum brakes consult our other videos.
- Make sure to use a star pattern when putting your wheel lugs back on.
How-to Video:(09:19 min)
- Penetrating Oil
- Needle nose pliers
- Socket Extensions
- Flat Blade Screwdriver
- 15mm Socket
- 19mm Socket
- Wire Brush
- T50 Torx Socket
- 15mm Wrench
Materials, Fluids, and Supplies
Pliers, Cutters & misc Wrenches
Ratchets & Related
Screwdrivers & Related
Sockets - Metric
Torx Drivers & Sockets
Wrenches - Metric
This part replaces:
- TIMKEN 512001
- 1991 Buick Skylark Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly Rear for Models with ABS Pair (Timken)
- 1992-1996 Buick Skylark Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly Rear Pair (Timken)
- 1991 Cadillac Calais Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly Rear for Models with ABS Pair (Timken)
- 1992-1996 Chevy Beretta Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly Rear Pair (Timken)
- 1992-2002 Chevy Cavalier Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly Rear Pair (Timken)
- 2003-2005 Chevy Cavalier Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly Rear for Models with ABS Pair (Timken)
- 1992-1996 Chevy Corsica Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly Rear Pair (Timken)
- 1992-1998 Olds Achieva Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly Rear Pair (Timken)
- 1991 Olds Calais Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly Rear Pair (Timken)
- 1991 Pontiac Grand Am Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly Rear for Models with ABS Pair (Timken)
- 1992-1998 Pontiac Grand Am Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly Rear Pair (Timken)
- 1992-1994 Pontiac Sunbird Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly Rear Pair (Timken)
- 1995-2002 Pontiac Sunfire Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly Rear Pair (Timken)
- 2003-2005 Pontiac Sunfire Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly Rear for Models with ABS Pair (Timken)
Part #: TKSHS00042
- Ships Same Day for orders placed by 5 P.M. ET
Free GROUND SHIPPINGCheck Shipping Rates
Brand #: 512001
"Thanks for the fast reliable service. Great price, and the headlights were as good as oem or better!!! Keep up the good work..."- Dwuan M.