1998-2002 Lincoln Town Car Front Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly Pair1ASHS00093
- Location: Front
- Quantity: Pair
- Comes as a PAIR
- Fits both LH (Driver Side) & RH (Passenger Side) FRONT
- Includes Tone Ring Sensors for ABS applications
- Will fit vehicles with or without ABS
- Replaces dealer part numbers: F8AC2B663AB, F8AC-2B663AB, F8AC2C300AC, F8AC-2C300AC, F8AZ1104AA, F8AZ-1104AA, F8AZ1104BA, F8AZ-1104BA
- Fit 5 Lug Wheels
- Studs already installed
- Built to strict quality control standards
Note: For 1997 models you can find the production date of your vehicle on either the outer edge of the driver's front door or on the latch pillar that the door closes on.
- You will not have a problem with our product. If you are comparing us to someone selling a brand name product remember brand names are only as good as the company selling them. Both Bizrate.com and The Better Business Bureau recognize 1A Auto as a trusted online seller. You will be pleased with what you find out about us.
- You don't want to be delayed by a defective part. 1A Auto wheel hub & bearings are all tested prior to shipping.
- This hub & bearing will install just as your original does. You can use your existing hardware.
- Save time and money with this direct fit hub bearing assembly. No trips to the auto parts store or extra time trying to match up and press bearings.
- Hub installation is a degree more difficult than changing a tire on most vehicles.
- Some shops and dealers charge more for parts and repairs when they think the customer doesn't know what is involved. Now you can get the value you deserve. Knowing what this repair entails can be the difference between the value of doing it yourself, or the pain of a costly part or repair bill.
2 Year Warranty
This item is backed by a 2 Year Manufacturers Warranty. In the event this item should fail during intended use, we will exchange the part free of charge (excludes shipping charges) for the original purchaser. Please keep your invoice for proof of this warranty.
Remove the wheel
- Pry off the center cap
- Use the hub cap key to remove the hub cap.
- Loosen the lug nuts.
- Raise and secure the vehicle
- Remove the lug nuts and the wheel.
- For extra security, put the wheel under your car should your jack stands fail.
disassemble the brakes
- Remove the 13 mm caliper bolts.
- Use a screwdriver to pry between the caliper and caliper bracket to pry the caliper up and off.
- Secure the caliper with wire ties up out of the way.
- Using an 18 mm socket and a breaker bar or pipe for leverage, remove the caliper bracket bolts.
- Remove the brake disc.
Un-install the hub
- Remove the dust cover from the hub nut.
- Using a breaker bar, maybe even a pipe for leverage in addition, remove the 35 mm hub nut.
- Remove the hub.
Install the new hub
- Clean up the area to insure a smooth fit.
- Put the hub on, and replace the hub nut and torque it to 220 ft lbs.
Reassemble the brakes
- Put the brake rotor/disc back on the hub.
- Examine the brake rotor/disc for gouges or signs of excessive wear.
- Replace the rotor if needed, remember to clean the rotor with warm soapy water or brake cleaner before installation, and prevent contact with oil and grease.
- Check the condition of the brake pistons; make sure they slide in and out smoothly and freely.
- Mount the caliper brackets and torque the 18 mm bolts to 90 ft lbs.
- Check the condition of your brake pads and install new ones if needed.
- Slide the brake pads into the brackets.
- Compress the caliper and slide it onto the bracket and pads.
- Bolt the caliper in, and torque the 13 mm bolts to 15-16 ft lbs.
Replace the wheel
- Reinstall the small center cap and hub cap keeper.
- Replace the lug nuts and lower the car, torque them in a star pattern to 100 ft lbs.
- Put the hub cap back on and replace the safety nut and the final center cap back in place.
- Place your hub cap key in back in your glove box for safekeeping.
- Make sure you pump your brakes a few times before road testing to recompress the calipers.
How-to Video:(09:45 min)
- Anti-Seize Grease
- Penetrating Oil
- Wire Ties
- Breaker Bar
- Socket Extensions
- Torque Wrench
- Flat Blade Screwdriver
- 13mm Socket
- 18mm Socket
- 21mm Socket
- 35mm Socket
- A Piece of Pipe (for leverage)
- Floor Jack
- Jack Stands
- Wire Brush
Materials, Fluids, and Supplies
Ratchets & Related
Screwdrivers & Related
Sockets - Metric
- 1997 Ford Crown Victoria Front Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly Pair ( Built After 4/97 Production Date)
- 1998-2002 Ford Crown Victoria Front Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly Pair
- 1997 Lincoln Town Car Front Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly Pair (Built After 6/97 Production Date)
- 1998-2002 Lincoln Town Car Front Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly Pair
- 1997 Mercury Grand Marquis Front Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly Pair ( Built After 4/97 Production Date)
- 1998-2002 Mercury Grand Marquis Front Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly Pair
Part #: 1ASHS00093
- Ships Same Day for orders placed by 5 P.M. ET
Free GROUND SHIPPINGCheck Shipping Rates
"Thanks for the fast reliable service. Great price, and the headlights were as good as oem or better!!! Keep up the good work..."- Dwuan M.