1985-1998 Pontiac Grand Am Front Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly (Timken)TKSHF00008
- Location: Front
- Brands: Timken
This part replaces:
- TIMKEN 513017k
TIMKEN HUB ASSEMBLY: 513017K
- Brand New Timken Hub Assembly
- Direct replacement
- Replaces OE# 7470014
- Fits RH or LH FRONT
- Built to strict quality control standards
Note: This part is an authentic Timken brand product that is supplied and packaged by Timken. In some cases, Timken will source parts from other high quality suppliers such as SKF and Koyo. These parts are subjected to the very same testing and quality standards as all Timken products.
- You will not have a problem with our product. If you are comparing us to someone selling a brand name product remember brand names are only as good as the company selling them. Both Bizrate.com and The Better Business Bureau recognize 1A Auto as a trusted online seller. You will be pleased with what you find out about us.
- You don't want to be delayed by a defective part. 1A Auto wheel hub & bearings are all tested prior to shipping.
- This hub & bearing will install just as your original does. You can use your existing hardware.
- Save time and money with this direct fit hub bearing assembly. No trips to the auto parts store or extra time trying to match up and press bearings.
- Hub installation is a degree more difficult than changing a tire on most vehicles.
- Some shops and dealers charge more for parts and repairs when they think the customer doesn't know what is involved. Now you can get the value you deserve. Knowing what this repair entails can be the difference between the value of doing it yourself, or the pain of a costly part or repair bill.
Effective June 23, 2014: This item is backed by a Limited Lifetime Warranty. In the event this item should fail due to manufacturing defects during intended use, we will exchange the part free of charge (excludes shipping charges) for the original purchaser. Please keep your invoice for proof of this warranty.
Step 1: Remove wheel.
- While your car is still on the ground, use your socket to loosen and remove the center hub nut.
- Loosen your lug nuts and jack up the car.
- Remove the lug nuts with your socket and ratchet.
- Remove the wheel and set aside.
Step 2: Remove the brakes
- Raise and secure your car.
- Remove the two bolts, pull off the caliper and then the rotor.
Step 3: Remove hub
- Remove the T55 torx bolts.
- Spray the backs with penetrating oil to help.
- Separate the hub from the backing plate.
- Clean up with a wire brush.
- Remove the hub nut.
- Tap the axle with a hammer to loosen it and then use the hammer to hammer the hub off the axle.
Step 4: Replace hub
- Clean up the steering knuckle with a wire brush.
- Use some anti-seize or penetrating oil to make future hub replacement easier.
- Put position your new 1A Auto hub in place.
- Secure the T55 torx bolts and nuts and tighten to 60 ft lbs.
- Put the hub nut back on.
Step 5: Put brakes and wheel back on
- For more detailed instructions on reassembling the brakes consult our other videos.
- Make sure to use a star pattern when putting your wheel lugs back on.
- Tighten the hub nut to 144 ft lbs.
- Tighten the lugs to 75 ft lbs.
How-to Video:(09:45 min)
- 3/8 Inch Allen Wrench
- Anti-Seize Grease
- Penetrating Oil
- Lug Wrench
- Flat Blade Screwdriver
- 19mm Socket
- 30mm Socket
- Floor Jack
- Jack Stands
- Large Hammer
- Wire Brush
- T55 Torx Socket
Materials, Fluids, and Supplies
Pliers, Cutters & misc Wrenches
Ratchets & Related
Screwdrivers & Related
Sockets - Metric
Torx Drivers & Sockets
This part replaces:
- TIMKEN 513017k
- 1984-1989 Buick Skyhawk Front Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly (Timken)
- 1988-1997 Buick Skylark Front Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly (Timken)
- 1985-1987 Buick Somerset Front Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly (Timken)
- 1984-1988 Cadillac Cimarron Front Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly (Timken)
- 1987-1996 Chevy Beretta Front Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly (Timken)
- 1984-2004 Chevy Cavalier Front Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly (Timken)
- 1987-1996 Chevy Corsica Front Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly (Timken)
- 1992-1998 Olds Achieva Front Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly (Timken)
- 1985-1991 Olds Cutlass Calais Front Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly (Timken)
- 1984-1987 Olds Firenza Front Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly (Timken)
- 1984 Pontiac 2000 Front Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly (Timken)
- 1985-1998 Pontiac Grand Am Front Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly (Timken)
- 1984-1994 Pontiac Sunbird Front Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly (Timken)
- 1995-2005 Pontiac Sunfire Front Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly (Timken)
Part #: TKSHF00008
- Ships Same Day for orders placed by 5 P.M. ET
Free GROUND SHIPPINGCheck Shipping Rates
Brand #: 513017k
"Thanks for the fast reliable service. Great price, and the headlights were as good as oem or better!!! Keep up the good work..."- Dwuan M.