1999-2005 Pontiac Grand Am GT Front & Rear Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly (Set of 4)1ASHS00618
- Location: Front
- Location: Rear
- Quantity: Set of 4
These replacement wheel bearing & hub assemblies are just what you need to get your vehicle in good working order again.
- Comes as a SET of 4
- (2) - FRONT Wheel Hub & Bearing Assemblies with 3 Bolt Triangular Flange - LH (Driver Side) & RH (Passenger Side)
- (2) - REAR Wheel Hub & Bearing Assemblies with 4 Bolt Rectangular Flange - LH (Driver Side) & RH (Passenger Side)
- Replaces dealer part numbers: 12413003, 12413004, 88957259
- Fit 5 Lug Wheels
- Have ABS with Integral Sensors installed
- Studs already installed
- Direct replacements
- Built to strict quality control standards
Note: If your vehicle requires a match to a 4th VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) digit, the VIN can be found on the bottom drivers side corner of the windshield and on your registration. Some refer to the VIN code as the Serial Number.
These wheel bearing & hub assemblies make great replacements and have good cost savings over a dealer units.
- You will not have a problem with our product. If you are comparing us to someone selling a brand name product remember brand names are only as good as the company selling them. Both Bizrate.com and The Better Business Bureau recognize 1A Auto as a trusted online seller. You will be pleased with what you find out about us.
- You don't want to be delayed by a defective part. 1A Auto wheel hubs & bearings are all tested prior to shipping.
- These hub & bearing sets will install just as your originals do. You can use your existing hardware.
- Save time and money with direct fit hub bearing assemblies. No trips to the auto parts store or extra time trying to match up and press bearings.
- Hub installation is a degree more difficult than changing a tire on most vehicles.
- Some shops and dealers charge more for parts and repairs when they think the customer doesn't know what is involved. Now you can get the value you deserve. Knowing what this repair entails can be the difference between the value of doing it yourself, or the pain of a costly part or repair bill.
2 Year Warranty
This item is backed by a 2 Year Manufacturers Warranty. In the event this item should fail during intended use, we will exchange the part free of charge (excludes shipping charges) for the original purchaser. Please keep your invoice for proof of this warranty.
Remove the wheel
- Remove the hub cap
- Loosen the lug nuts
- Raise and secure the vehicle
- Remove the lug nuts and set the wheel aside.
- Turn the wheels for easier access to the calipers.
Remove the brakes
- Remove the two 12 mm bolts with a socket and breaker bar.
- Use a C-Clamp to compress the caliper piston.
- Pull the caliper off.
- Remove the brake pads and check the life of them.
- Observe the rotors; prepare a new rotor with brake cleaner if it is in need of replacement.
- Use a 13 mm socket and breaker bar to remove the caliper bracket bolts.
- Remove the rotor.
Remove the hub
- Disconnect the ABS sensor.
- Remove the 35 mm socket to remove the hub nut.
- Put the wheel back on and lower the car to break the hub nut loose if necessary.
- Use a 13 mm socket and breaker bar to loosen the three nuts on the back side securing the hub.
- Put an axle puller onto the hub and axle to break the axle free from the hub.
- Sometimes a solid thwack with a hammer is enough to break the axle loose, just take care not to hit it hard enough to damage the CV joint.
- Remove the 13 mm nuts all the way and pull the hub off.
install the new hub
- Thread the ABS harness through and line the axle up into the center of the hub.
- Evenly tighten the three 13 mm bolts.
- Connect the ABS sensor harness.
- Torque the 13 mm bolts to 65 ft lbs
- Put the hub nut on, put the wheel on, lower the car, and torque it to 173 foot pounds.
- Raise and secure the car, remove the wheel and continue.
Put the brakes on
- Put your rotor on the hub.
- Mount the caliper bracket and torque the 15 mm bolts to 65 ft lbs.
- Install the brake pads.
- Dab a little anti-seize grease onto the edges of the brake pads and insert them into the brackets
- Install the caliper, and torque the caliper bolts to 15-18 ft lbs.
put the wheel back on
- Put the wheel on and hand tighten the lug nuts.
- Lower the vehicle and torque the lug nuts to 90-100 ft lbs in a star pattern.
- Pump your brakes and do a couple test stops before driving your car anywhere.
How-to Video:(12:41 min)
- Breaker Bar
- Socket Extensions
- Torque Wrench
- 12mm Socket
- 13mm Socket
- 19mm Socket
- 35mm Socket
- Large C-Clamp
- Pitman Arm Puller
- Wire Brush
Ratchets & Related
Sockets - Metric
- 2004-2005 Chevy Classic Front & Rear Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly (Set of 4)
- 2001-2003 Chevy Malibu Front & Rear Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly (Set of 4)
- 1999-2004 Olds Alero Front & Rear Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly (Set of 4)
- 1999-2005 Pontiac Grand Am GT Front & Rear Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly (Set of 4)
Part #: 1ASHS00618
- Ships Same Day for orders placed by 5 P.M. ET
Free GROUND SHIPPINGCheck Shipping Rates