1996-2007 Ford Taurus Front Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly Pair1ASHS00046
- Location: Front
- Quantity: Pair
This part replaces:
- OE # 3F1Z 1104 BA x2
These replacement wheel bearing & hub assemblies are just what you need to get your vehicle in good working order again.
- Comes as a PAIR
- Fits both the LH (Driver Side) & RH (Passenger Side) FRONT
- Replaces dealer part numbers: 3F13-2C300-BA, 3F1Z-1104-BA, F50Y-1104-A, F8RZ-1104-AA, XFI2-2C300-BB, XFIZ-1104AE-B, XFIZ-1104-BA, 3F132C300BA, 3F1Z1104BA, F50Y1104A, F8RZ1104AA, XFI22C300BB, XFIZ1104AEB, XFIZ1104BA
- Direct replacements
- Fit 5 Lug Wheels
- Wheel studs already installed
- You will not have a problem with our product. If you are comparing us to someone selling a brand name product remember brand names are only as good as the company selling them. Both Bizrate.com and The Better Business Bureau recognize 1A Auto as a trusted online seller. You will be pleased with what you find out about us.
- You don't want to be delayed by a defective part. 1A Auto wheel hubs & bearings are all tested prior to shipping.
- These hub & bearing sets will install just as your originals do. You can use your existing hardware.
- Save time and money with direct fit hub bearing assemblies. No trips to the auto parts store or extra time trying to match up and press bearings.
- Hub installation is a degree more difficult than changing a tire on most vehicles.
- Some shops and dealers charge more for parts and repairs when they think the customer doesn't know what is involved. Now you can get the value you deserve. Knowing what this repair entails can be the difference between the value of doing it yourself, or the pain of a costly part or repair bill.
2 Year Warranty
This item is backed by a 2 Year Manufacturers Warranty. In the event this item should fail during intended use, we will exchange the part free of charge (excludes shipping charges) for the original purchaser. Please keep your invoice for proof of this warranty.
- Remove hub nut
- Remove lug nuts and remove wheel with an 18mm socket.
Remove tie rod
- Remove cotter pin.
- Use your 18 mm socket to remove the nut at the bottom of the tie rod.
- Use your tie rod puller to pull the tie rod up.
- Use your two adjustable wrenches to remove the tie rod.
Remove the axle.
- Disconnect the brake line bracket and ABS sensor
- Remove the upper stabilizer bolt with an 18mm wrench and a 10 mm wrench to secure it.
- Remove the lower stabilizer bolt using your 18 mm wrench to secure it and a 21 mm socket.
- Use a hammer to drive the bolt all the way out.
- Move the steering knuckle off the strut with a hammer.
- Tap the axle with a hammer and use a pry bar to pry it out of the steering knuckle.
- Pry the other end of the axle out.
Remove Brake Caliper
- Use your 12mm and 15mm socket wrenches to remove the calipers and caliper brackets.
- Use a wire tie to help prevent stress on the caliper.
- Use your socket to remove the brackets.
- Use a wire tie to secure the caliper up out of the way.
Remove the brake rotor
- Take care not to touch the rotor, and if you do make sure to clean it with rubbing alcohol or mineral spirits.
- On this vehicle, the hub is cast iron and the knuckle is aluminum, seizing is a potential issue.
- Use an air hammer and protective eyewear to break the hub free if this happens.
- Remove the hub with a hammer.
- Clean up any corrosion with a wire brush.
Install new hub
- Use some penetrating oil or anti-seize grease to prep the knuckle for the new hub.
- Put the three 15 mm bolts in place and tighten the nuts to 70 ft lbs.
- Check out our other videos to see how to finish putting everything back together.
How-to Video:(09:55 min)
- Anti-Seize Grease
- Penetrating Oil
- Wire Ties
- Socket Extensions
- 10mm Socket
- 11mm Socket
- 12mm Socket
- 13mm Socket
- 14mm Socket
- 15mm Socket
- 16mm Socket
- 17mm Socket
- 18mm Socket
- 19mm Socket
- 20mm Socket
- 21mm Socket
- Floor Jack
- Jack Stands
- Large Hammer
- Tie Rod Puller
- Wire Brush
- 10mm Wrench
- 11mm Wrench
- 12mm Wrench
- 13mm Wrench
- 14mm Wrench
- 15mm Wrench
- 16mm Wrench
- 17mm Wrench
- 18mm Wrench
Materials, Fluids, and Supplies
Ratchets & Related
Sockets - Metric
Wrenches - Metric
This part replaces:
- OE # 3F1Z 1104 BA x2
- 1996-2007 Ford Taurus Front Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly Pair
- 1995-2002 Lincoln Continental Front Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly Pair
- 1996-2005 Mercury Sable Front Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly Pair
Part #: 1ASHS00046
- Ships Same Day for orders placed by 5 P.M. ET
Free GROUND SHIPPINGCheck Shipping Rates
"Thanks for the fast reliable service. Great price, and the headlights were as good as oem or better!!! Keep up the good work..."- Dwuan M.