2004-2006 GMC Envoy Water Pump for V8 5.3L1AEWP00066
This part replaces:
- OE # 89017439
- HOLLANDER 324-00851, 324-00103
This water pump is a new replacement part that has the following specifications.
- New not remanufactured
- Replaces one of many dealer part numbers including: 12456113, 12458935, 12556449, 88894290, 89017439, 8890174390
- Includes water pump pulley
- Built to strict quality control standards
- No core charge
Note: On 2003 and older models, if your thermostat housing does not fit, you may need to purchase a 2004 and newer thermostat housing. This is due to new design changes in the replacement water pump.
Your water pump is a major component of your engine cooling system. If the water pump fails, the engine will overheat causing it to shut down. Water pumps have an indicator that tells you when they are going bad. There is a small hole in the water pump right under the shaft in the middle that the pulley bolts to. As the water pump's bearings wear out coolant seeps by them and leaks through this hole. If you notice a few drops of coolant under the front of your engine this is an indicator your pump is failing. If a water pump fails it will cause engine overheating, and possibly further engine damage. If you have noticed little drops of coolant under the front of your vehicle then inspect the bottom of the water pump to see if it is dripping out of the indicator hole. If your water pump is the problem, then this part is for you. Replace your broken or leaking water pump now with this great fitting replacement part.
Step 1: Remove Intake Tube
- Start by using an 8 millimeter socket wrench to disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Loosen the two clamps by the throttle body and air box.
- Use a small flathead screwdriver to break the seal.
- Lift the intake tube out.
Step 2: Remove fan shroud
- Remove the two 10 millimeter bolts with your socket wrench.
- Unclip the small hose from the shroud.
- Remove pins around fan shroud and gently work hose back and forth to pull fan shroud out.
Step 3: Remove fan
- Use a large adjustable wrench on the center nut.
- Apply force on the wrench to break it loose.
- Carefully pull fan out and set aside.
Step 4: Remove serpentine belt
- Start by double checking that your routing diagram is legible.
- Draw out your own if it isn't to save time and confusion later.
- Use your socket ratchet to loosen the 15 millimeter bolt located on the tensioner.
- Turn your ratchet clockwise to release the tension and remove the belt.
Step 5: Drain radiator and disconnect hoses from water pump
- Release lower radiator hose and drain fluid into your drain pan.
- Use your pliers to slowly squeeze the clamp and pull it back to drain the fluid into your catch pan.
- Disconnect radiator hose by loosening and pulling back the clamp.
- Use your small flathead screwdriver to gently pry up the hose and wiggle it off.
- Make sure any water has drained out of it and set aside. Finally disconnect heater hoses.
- Ensure that your catch pan is underneath to catch any water.
Step 6: Remove tension arm
- Use your wrench to remove the tension arm from the water pump.
- Set aside.
Step 7: Remove water neck and remove pump.
- Use your 10 millimeter socket wrench to remove the two bolts.
- Use your torque wrench to remove the six bolts on the water pump.
- Then using a sharp razor blade, scrape off any residual gasket material that could create a bad seal.
Step 8: Install 1A Auto water pump
- Put the new gasket plates on your 1A Auto water pump using the two bolts.
- Seat the new pump and place bolts and use your torque wrench to gently snug them up.
- Go back and torque them between 22 and 24 foot pounds.
- Take the new O-ring that came with your 1A Auto and put it on your thermostat housing.
Step 9: Reassemble
- Reconnect all your hoses.
- Put your belt tensioner back on and put your serpentine belt back on using your diagram.
- Reassemble your fan, fan shroud, and intake pipe.
- Finally refill with a 50/50 mixture of Dex Cool.
- Listen for the sound of any leaks to make sure everything is connected properly.
- Finally, reconnect the battery and start up the engine and run it for 30 seconds or so to circulate the coolant.
- Double check your level of coolant to make sure it is at the right spot, and you are good to go.
How-to Video:(12:46 min)
- Flat Blade Screwdriver
- 10mm Socket
- 15mm Socket
- 8mm Socket
- Drain Pan
- Razor Blade / Gasket Scraper
Ratchets & Related
Screwdrivers & Related
Sockets - Metric
This part replaces:
- OE # 89017439
- HOLLANDER 324-00851, 324-00103
- 2004-2006 Buick Rainier Water Pump for V8 5.3L
- 2004-2006 Cadillac Escalade Water Pump for 4 Wheel Drive V8 6.0L
- 2004-2005 Cadillac Escalade Water Pump for 2 Wheel Drive for V8 5.3L
- 2003-2006 Cadillac Escalade ESV Water Pump for V8 6.0L
- 2002-2006 Cadillac Escalade EXT Water Pump for V8 6.0L
- 2004-2006 Chevy Avalanche 1500 Water Pump for V8 5.3L
- 2004-2006 Chevy Express 1500 Van Water Pump for V8 5.3L V8 4.8L
- 2004-2006 Chevy Express 2500 Van Water Pump for V8 5.3L V8 6.0L V8 4.8L
- 2004-2006 Chevy Express 3500 Van Water Pump for V8 6.0L V8 4.8L
- 2003-2007 Chevy SSR Water Pump for V8 5.3L V8 6.0L
- 2004-2006 Chevy Silverado 1500 Water Pump for V8 5.3L V8 6.0L V8 4.8L
- 2005-2006 Chevy Silverado 1500 HD Water Pump
- 2004 Chevy Silverado 2500 Water Pump for V8 6.0L for V8 5.3L
- 2004-2006 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Water Pump for V8 5.3L V8 6.0L V8 4.8L
- 2004-2006 Chevy Suburban 1500 Water Pump for V8 5.3L V8 6.0L
- 2004-2006 Chevy Suburban 2500 Water Pump for V8 5.3L V8 6.0L
- 2004-2006 Chevy Tahoe Water Pump for V8 4.8L V8 5.3L
- 2004-2006 Chevy Trailblazer Water Pump for V8 5.3L
- 2006-2007 Chevy Trailblazer Water Pump for V8 6.0L
- 2004-2006 Chevy Trailblazer EXT Water Pump for V8 5.3L
- 2006 Chevy Trailblazer EXT Water Pump for V8 6.0L
- 2004-2006 GMC Envoy Water Pump for V8 5.3L
- 2004-2006 GMC Envoy XL Water Pump for V8 5.3L
- 2004-2005 GMC Envoy XUV Water Pump for V8 5.3L
- 2004-2006 GMC Savana 1500 Van Water Pump for V8 5.3L V8 4.8L
- 2004-2006 GMC Savana 2500 Van Water Pump for V8 5.3L V8 6.0L V8 4.8L
- 2004-2006 GMC Sierra 1500 Water Pump for V8 5.3L V8 6.0L V8 4.8L
- 2005-2006 GMC Sierra 1500 HD Water Pump
- 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 Water Pump for V8 6.0L
- 2004-2006 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Water Pump for V8 6.0L
- 2004-2006 GMC Sierra 3500 Water Pump for V8 6.0L
- 2004-2006 GMC Sierra Denali 1500 Water Pump for V8 6.0L
- 2004-2006 GMC Yukon Water Pump for V8 6.0L
- 2005-2006 GMC Yukon Water Pump for V8 5.3L V8 4.8L
- 2004-2006 GMC Yukon XL Water Pump for V8 6.0L
- 2005-2006 GMC Yukon XL Water Pump for V8 4.8L V8 5.3L
- 2003-2006 Hummer H2 Water Pump for V8 6.0L
- 2003-2006 Isuzu Ascender Water Pump for V8 5.3L
- 2005-2006 Saab 9-7X Water Pump for V8 5.3L
Part #: 1AEWP00066
- Ships Same Day for orders placed by 5 P.M. ET
Free GROUND SHIPPINGCheck Shipping Rates