1999-1999 VW Golf (Built Before 8/98 Production Date) Manual Remote Mirror Pair1AMRP00178
- Operation: Manual Remote
- Quantity: Pair
This replacement Volkswagen Jetta/Golf/GTI mirror pair is just what you need to get your Volkswagen in good looking form again!
This new, aftermarket replacement mirror set features the following specifications:
- Comes as a pair
- Manual Remote Operation - Moves from joystick
- Injected molded black plastic housing
- Can be painted to any color desired or installed as is
- Sail mount design - Mounts in the corner of the door
- Direct replacement
- Built to strict quality control standards
We have noticed that there are many inferior quality mirrors on the market. We have researched other mirror manufacturers and are only selling what we believe to be the highest quality, best fitting, aftermarket mirrors available. So don't be fooled by cheaper made imitation mirrors. Go with superior quality!
This VW Volkswagen mirror pair makes a great replacement and has substantial cost savings over dealer units.
- These mirrors will only work for vehicles with these exact options. If you do not have the options listed, these mirrors may not function properly.
Effective June 23, 2014: This item is backed by a manufacturer's Limited Lifetime Warranty. In the event this item should fail due to manufacturing defects during intended use, we will exchange the part free of charge (excludes shipping charges) for the original purchaser. Please keep your invoice for proof of this warranty.
Remove the Door Panel
- Remove the window crank by pushing the ring towards the bottom of the crank.
- Pull the mirror knob off the door.
- Using a flat blade screwdriver pry off the speaker grill.
- Pry off the triangle panel at the top of the door panel.
- Remove the grommets from the triangle panel and put them back into the door.
- Pry off the pull handle panel.
- Remove the small Phillips screw by the door handle.
- Remove the two Phillips screws in the pull handle.
- Remove the four Phillips screws around the speaker. Pull the speaker out.
- Remove the six T10 screws around the outside of the door panel.
- Twist off the lock knob.
- Pull out on the edges of the door panel and lift it up over the door lock and disconnect the panel from the door.
Removing the Mirror
- Remove the triangle foam pad.
- Remove the screw from the mirror controller.
- Pry the controller up and out.
- Remove the three screws securing the mirror.
- Pull the mirror out and away from the door.
- From the outside of the door pull the foam block out.
Reinstalling the mirror
- Run the wire and controller through the door.
- Reinsert the foam block.
- Replace the three screws.
- Push the controller back into the door.
- Replace the screw on the controller.
- Replace the foam pad on the door.
Reinstalling the Door Panel
- Reconnect the door panel.
- Line up the door panel and slid it down into place.
- Push in the clips around the panel.
- Replace the Phillips screw behind the door handle.
- Replace the Phillips screws in the pull handle.
- Line up the speaker and put it into place.
- Replace the four Phillips screws in the speaker.
- Replace the mirror knob.
- Replace the triangle panel.
- Replace the T10 screws.
- Replace the lock knob.
- Replace the window crank.
How-to Video:(11:55 min)
- Flat Blade Screwdriver
- Phillips Head Screwdriver
- T10 Torx Driver
Screwdrivers & Related
Torx Drivers & Sockets
- 1993-1998 VW Golf Manual Remote Mirror Pair
- 1999 VW Golf (Built Before 8/98 Production Date) Manual Remote Mirror Pair
- 1993-1998 VW Jetta Manual Remote Mirror Pair
- 1999 VW Jetta (Built Before 8/98 Production Date) Manual Remote Mirror Pair
Part #: 1AMRP00178
- Ships Same Day for orders placed by 5 P.M. ET
Free GROUND SHIPPINGCheck Shipping Rates
"Thanks for the fast reliable service. Great price, and the headlights were as good as oem or better!!! Keep up the good work..."- Dwuan M.