2001-2009 Mazda B2300 Truck Front Outer Tie Rod1ASTE00002
- Location: Outer
- Location: Front
Your outer tie rod end connects to the inner tie rod. Typically it connects the inner tie rod to the front spindle or knuckle. Over time the joint can wear causing loose connections and a sloppy steering feel.
- Fits either LH (Driver Side) or RH (Passenger Side) OUTER
- Replaces dealer part numbers: F87Z-3A130-BA, 5L5Z-3A130-AA, F87Z3A130BA, 5L5Z3A130AA
- Direct replacement
- Built to strict quality control standards
Remember whenever you are replacing any front end or steering components you should have your vehicle professionally aligned as soon as possible. When installed correctly and an alignment performed, this tie rod end could also reduce uneven tire wear.
Effective June 23, 2014: This item is backed by a manufacturer's Limited Lifetime Warranty. In the event this item should fail due to manufacturing defects during intended use, we will exchange the part free of charge (excludes shipping charges) for the original purchaser. Please keep your invoice for proof of this warranty.
Remove the wheel
- Loosen the lug nuts
- Raise and secure the vehicle
- Remove the lug nuts and set the wheel aside.
- Put the wheel under the vehicle for added security in the event of a jack failure.
Remove the brakes
- Remove the 13 mm sockets anchoring the caliper.
- Wire tie the caliper up out of the way.
- Use a 15mm socket to remove the caliper bracket
- Remove the rotor
- Remove the dust shield with your 8 mm socket and ratchet
Remove the outer tie rod
- Use your pliers to remove the cotter pin from the tie rod
- Remove the nut with your 21 mm socket and ratchet
- Pull apart the tie rod with a tie rod puller.
- Use a paint marker to mark where the top nut on the tie rod is.
- Use two adjustable wrenches to remove the tie rod.
Install the new tie rod
- Apply a little loctite to the inner tie rod
- Screw on the outer tie rod to the inner tie rod up to your paint marker mark.
- Fill the dust boot with grease
- Reassemble the tie rod end, replacing the nut and cotter pin.
- Reassemble the brakes and wheel.
- See our other videos for more detailed instructions.
How-to Video:(10:34 min)
- Liquid Thread Locker
- Marker / Writing Utensil
- Penetrating Oil
- Wire Ties
- Lug Wrench
- Needle nose pliers
- Wire Cutters
- Breaker Bar
- Flat Blade Screwdriver
- 13mm Socket
- 15mm Socket
- 21mm Socket
- 8mm Socket
- Floor Jack
- Jack Stands
- Tie Rod Puller
Materials, Fluids, and Supplies
Pliers, Cutters & misc Wrenches
Ratchets & Related
Screwdrivers & Related
Sockets - Metric
- 1998-2003 Ford Explorer Front Outer Tie Rod
- 2001-2003 Ford Explorer Sport Front Outer Tie Rod End
- 2001-2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Front Outer Tie Rod End
- 1998-2011 Ford Ranger Front Outer Tie Rod End
- 2001-2009 Mazda B2300 Truck Front Outer Tie Rod
- 1998-2001 Mazda B2500 Truck Front Outer Tie Rod End
- 1998-2007 Mazda B3000 Truck Front Outer Tie Rod End
- 1998-2009 Mazda B4000 Truck Front Outer Tie Rod
- 1998-2003 Mercury Mountaineer Front Outer Tie Rod End
Part #: 1ASTE00002
- Ships Same Day for orders placed by 5 P.M. ET
Free GROUND SHIPPINGCheck Shipping Rates
"Thanks for the fast reliable service. Great price, and the headlights were as good as oem or better!!! Keep up the good work..."- Dwuan M.