Sway Bar Link Kit Front Pair - 1ASSL000171ASSL00017
- Location: Front
- Quantity: Pair
Your front sway bar helps your vehicle's suspension performance. The main purpose is to reduce body roll when going through a turn at speed. Although the sway bar itself is not a wearable item the end links and bushings are. Most commonly the rubber bushings dry and crack over time and will eventually split and fall off.
- Comes as a PAIR
- Fits both LH (Driver Side) & RH (Passenger Side) FRONT
- (2) - Links (Bolts)
- (2) - Sleeves
- (8) - Rubber Bushings
- Direct replacements
- Built to strict quality control standards
If you can hear your sway bar rattling on a bumpy road it may be time to replace the end links. These sway bar links are direct replacement parts that fit and function as the originals did.
Effective June 23, 2014: This item is backed by a manufacturer's Limited Lifetime Warranty. In the event this item should fail due to manufacturing defects during intended use, we will exchange the part free of charge (excludes shipping charges) for the original purchaser. Please keep your invoice for proof of this warranty.
- The stabilizer link can break and the bushings can wear out.
- A good way to tell if the problem is the stabilizer link is if there is a rattling that stops when you go around turns.
Remove the stabilizer link
- Apply penetrating oil to the link.
- Use a 14mm socket and ratchet to unbolt the stabilizer link.
- Secure the upper part of the stabilizer link with an adjustable wrench to help get the traction needed to work the nut loose.
Install the new stabilizer link
- Thread the new link into place
- Put all your bushings and washers in place.
- Make sure everything is snugged into their places in the stabilizer bar and the control arm
- Use a jack to push the nut on to get it started.
- Repeat the removal and installation process up to this point on the other side before tightening the stabilizer link nut up all the way.
- If the old link is stuck or broken, you can use a Sawzall to cut it out.
- Take great care to make sure you donâ€™t damage any other parts if you do.
How-to Video:(07:06 min)
- Adjustable Wrench
- 14mm Socket
- Floor Jack
- Jack Stands
Pliers, Cutters & misc Wrenches
Ratchets & Related
Sockets - Metric
- 1988-1999 Chevy K1500 Truck Front Sway Bar Link Kit Pair
- 1988-2000 Chevy K2500 Truck Front Sway Bar Link Kit Pair
- 1988-2000 Chevy K3500 Truck Front Sway Bar Link Kit Pair
- 1978-1982 Ford Fairmont Front Sway Bar Link Kit Pair
- 1981-1982 Ford Granada Front Sway Bar Link Kit Pair
- 1984-1986 Ford LTD Front Sway Bar Link Kit Pair
- 1979-1993 Ford Mustang Front Sway Bar Link Kit Pair
- 1987-1988 Ford Thunderbird Front Sway Bar Link Kit Pair
- 1988-1999 GMC K1500 Truck Front Sway Bar Link Kit Pair
- 1988-2000 GMC K2500 Truck Front Sway Bar Link Kit Pair
- 1988-2000 GMC K3500 Truck Front Sway Bar Link Kit Pair
- 1979-1986 Mercury Capri Front Sway Bar Link Kit Pair
- 1980-1988 Mercury Cougar Front Sway Bar Link Kit Pair
Part #: 1ASSL00017
- Ships Same Day for orders placed by 5 P.M. ET
Free GROUND SHIPPINGCheck Shipping Rates
"Thanks for the fast reliable service. Great price, and the headlights were as good as oem or better!!! Keep up the good work..."- Dwuan M.