1999-2005 Pontiac Grand Am Strut & Spring Assembly Rear1ASTS00475
- Front / Rear Location: Rear
This part replaces:
- HOLLANDER 527-01337
Designed for easier installation
This is a new replacement strut and spring assembly. We recommend replacing struts in pairs and performing an alignment after replacement.
- Fits LH (Driver) or RH (Passenger) Side REAR
Replacement upper mount
Upper and lower spring isolators
Upper spring seat
- Preassembled for easier replacement
Note for 1998 models: Due to a production change in the 1998 model year, the spacing between the lower strut mounting bolts needs to be measured for a correct fit. This part is correct for vehicles that came equipped with the 61.2 mm (2.4 in) spacing. Vehicles with the 81.3 mm (3.2 in) spacing require the older, 1997 version
In the past, replacing struts required specialized tools to compress, remove and transfer the spring. Our new strut and spring assemblies make this job much simpler for the do it yourself mechanic. This part comes pre-assembled. Jack up and support the vehicle with jack stands. Remove the wheel. Unbolt the top mounts and the bottom from the suspension and replace the whole unit. The large bottom bolts usually require an impact wrench and socket for removal. When reassembling, be sure to torque all nuts and bolts to their proper specifications. Do not use impact tools when reassembling.
To ensure the vehicle performs safely and as designed, we recommend replacing shocks & struts in pairs. If the damping rates are significantly different from side to side the vehicle body and wheel movement variations could cause handling irregularities. We also recommend performing an alignment after replacement. This will ensure proper tracking and protect your vehicle's tires from premature wear.
- 2004-2005 Chevy Classic Strut & Spring Assembly Rear
- 1998 Chevy Malibu Rear Strut & Spring Assembly for Models with 61.2mm Rear Strut Lower Mounting Bolt Spread
- 1999-2003 Chevy Malibu Strut & Spring Assembly Rear
- 1999-2004 Olds Alero Strut & Spring Assembly Rear
- 1998 Olds Cutlass Rear Strut & Spring Assembly for Models with 61.2mm Rear Strut Lower Mounting Bolt Spread
- 1999 Olds Cutlass Strut & Spring Assembly Rear
- 1999-2005 Pontiac Grand Am Strut & Spring Assembly Rear
Part #: 1ASTS00475
Ships Same Day for orders placed by 5 P.M. ET
Free GROUND SHIPPINGCheck Shipping Rates