1997-2003 Pontiac Grand Prix Front Strut & Spring Assembly Pair (Monroe Quick-Strut)MNSSP00035
- Quantity: Pair
This part replaces:
- MONROE 171661
Monroe Quick-Strut® 171661 - QTY 2
This is a new MONROE strut and spring assembly PAIR. We recommend getting a alignment after replacement.
Quantity: (2) Quick Struts
Side: Both LH (Driver Side) & RH (Passenger Side)
Vehicle Type: All Models (excluding Police & Taxi Models)
Engine Size: All
Built to strict quality control standards:
Quick and easy... remove and replace one piece! No need to take apart entire assembly. No need to compress coil springs. Do the complete job right the first time. Enhances the handling, safety and performance of your vehicle.
Includes the following preassembled components:
- Upper Mount
- Upper Spring Isolator
- Upper Spring Seat
- Coil Spring
- Boot Kit
- Lower Spring Isolator
- Premium Strut
The revolutionary Monroe Quick-Strut unit is the first complete, ready-to-install replacement strut assembly available! Monroe Quick-Strut units include all the components required for strut replacement in a single, fully-assembled unit. They feature pre-assembled replacement upper mount, upper and lower spring isolators, upper spring seat, coil spring, boot kit, and a premium strut. This breakthrough design saves on installation time by eliminating having to disassemble components and compress the coil spring prior to installation. Each Quick-Strut assembly features application-engineered valving to optimize each vehicle's unique ride and handling characteristics.
In the past, replacing struts required specialized tools to compress, remove and transfer the spring. Our new strut and spring assemblies make this job much simpler for the do it yourself mechanic. This part comes pre-assembled. Jack up and support the vehicle with jack stands. Remove the wheel. Unbolt the top mounts and the bottom from the suspension and replace the whole unit. The large bottom bolts usually require an impact wrench and socket for removal. When reassembling, be sure to torque all nuts and bolts to their proper specifications. Do not use impact tools when reassembling.
Warranty Note: Tenneco Inc. warrants qualifying Monroe® products against defects and wear-out when used on private passenger cars and light trucks under normal operating conditions for as long as such original purchaser owns the vehicle on which they were originally installed.
Tenneco's obligation under this warranty is limited to replacement of the worn-out or defective product in accordance with this warranty. Cost of removal and installation are not included, and any incidental and consequential damages are excluded under this warranty, regardless of when the failure occurs. This warranty has no cash value. This warranty does not apply to products which have been modified, improperly applied or installed on vehicles used for commercial or racing purposes. Qualifying Products are Monroe OESpectrum Shocks and Struts, Monroe Reflex Shocks and Struts, Monroe Sensa-Trac Shocks and Struts, Monroe Quick-Strut replacement assemblies, Monroe Gas-Magnum Shocks
Remove the wheel
- Loosen the lug nuts
- Raise and secure the vehicle
- Remove the lug nuts and wheel.
Remove the bottom of the shock
- Unbolt the two bottom bolts securing the shock.
- Use a breaker bar and a 21 mm socket and some penetrating oil.
- You might need a hammer to work the bolts out once you have removed the nuts.
- Use a pry bar to pry the spindle free from the strut
Remove the top of the strut
- Pop the hood and secure it.
- Use your 13 mm socket and ratchet and some penetrating oil to remove the three bolts securing the top of the strut.
- Pull the strut down and out.
Install the new strut
- Work the strut into place and bolt in the top three 13 mm bolts
- Torque the three 13 mm nuts to 35-45 ft lbs
- Bolt in the bottom two nuts and bolts and torque to 100 ft lbs.
Replace the wheel
- Put the wheel back on and hand tighten the lug nuts
- Lower the vehicle and torque the lug nuts to 100 ft lbs
How-to Video:(04:55 min)
- Breaker Bar
- Pry Bar
- 13mm Socket
- 19mm Socket
- 21mm Socket
- Floor Jack
- Jack Stands
Ratchets & Related
Screwdrivers & Related
Sockets - Metric
This part replaces:
- MONROE 171661
- 2005-2009 Buick Allure Front Strut & Spring Assembly Pair (Monroe Quick-Strut)
- 1997-2005 Buick Century Front Strut & Spring Assembly Pair (Monroe Quick-Strut)
- 1997-2004 Buick Regal Front Strut & Spring Assembly Pair (Monroe Quick-Strut)
- 2000-2013 Chevy Impala Front Strut & Spring Assembly Pair (excluding Police Package) (Monroe Quick-Strut)
- 2000-2007 Chevy Monte Carlo Front Strut & Spring Assembly Pair (excluding 18 Inch Wheels) (Monroe Quick-Strut)
- 1997-2003 Pontiac Grand Prix Front Strut & Spring Assembly Pair (Monroe Quick-Strut)
Part #: MNSSP00035
- Ships Same Day for orders placed by 5 P.M. ET
Free GROUND SHIPPINGCheck Shipping Rates
Brand #: 171661