2001-2011 Ford Escape Front Strut & Spring Assembly Passenger Side1ASTS00639
- Location: Front
This replacement strut and spring assembly is just what you need to get your vehicle in good working order again.
- Fits the RH (Passenger Side) FRONT
- Strut and spring assembly includes:
- Upper Mount
- Upper Spring Isolator
- Upper Spring Seat
- Boot Kit
- Lower Spring Isolator
- Direct replacement
- Built to strict quality control standards
We recommend replacing struts in pairs and performing an alignment after replacement.
In the past, replacing struts required specialized tools to compress, remove and transfer the spring. This new strut and spring assembly makes this job much simpler for the do it yourself mechanic. This part comes pre-assembled. Jack up and support the vehicle with jack stands. Remove the wheel. Unbolt the top mounts and the bottom from the suspension and replace the whole unit. The large bottom bolts usually require an impact wrench and socket for removal. When reassembling, be sure to torque all nuts and bolts to their proper specifications. Do not use impact tools when reassembling.
Effective June 23, 2014: This item is backed by a manufacturer's Limited Lifetime Warranty. In the event this item should fail due to manufacturing defects during intended use, we will exchange the part free of charge (excludes shipping charges) for the original purchaser. Please keep your invoice for proof of this warranty.
Remove the top of the shock
- Pop the hood and apply penetrating oil to the top four bolts.
- Use a 14 mm socket and ratchet to remove the nuts.
Remove the wheel
- Loosen the lug nuts
- Raise and secure the vehicle
- Remove the lug nuts and the tire
Remove the bottom part of the strut
- Apply penetrating oil to your 10 mm brake line bracket bolt, 14mm Stabilizer link bolt and two 18 mm strut bolts.
- Unbolt the brake line bracket bolt, and then use your 5 mm Allen wrench to stabilize the bolt and work the nut loose with your 14 mm wrench or socket.
- Continue to loosen, apply penetrating oil, tighten, loosen, apply penetrating oil and repeat until you work it loose.
- Use a breaker bar or pipe and ratchet to remove the 18 mm bolts.
Install the new strut
- Position your strut into place and thread your 6 nuts on.
- Torque the top four 14mm bolts to 35 ft lbs.
- Tighten and torque the bottom two bolts to 85 ft lbs.
- Bolt your stabilizer link back in as well as your brake line bracket.
- Use your 14 mm socket, ratchet and 5 mm Allen wrench to install the stabilizer link.
- The brake line bracket can be reinstalled with a 10 mm socket and ratchet.
Put the wheel back on
- Replace the wheel and hand tighten the lug nuts.
- Lower the vehicle and torque the lug nuts in a star pattern to 100 ft lbs.
How-to Video:(10:29 min)
- 5mm Allen Wrench
- Penetrating Oil
- Socket Extensions
- Torque Wrench
- Flat Blade Screwdriver
- 10mm Socket
- 11mm Socket
- 12mm Socket
- 13mm Socket
- 14mm Socket
- 15mm Socket
- 16mm Socket
- 17mm Socket
- 18mm Socket
- 19mm Socket
- Floor Jack
- Jack Stands
- Large Hammer
- 10mm Wrench
- 11mm Wrench
- 12mm Wrench
- 13mm Wrench
- 14mm Wrench
- 15mm Wrench
- 16mm Wrench
- 17mm Wrench
- 18mm Wrench
- 19mm Wrench
Materials, Fluids, and Supplies
Ratchets & Related
Screwdrivers & Related
Sockets - Metric
Wrenches - Metric
- 2001-2011 Ford Escape Front Strut & Spring Assembly Passenger Side
- 2005-2011 Ford Escape Hybrid Front Strut & Spring Assembly Passenger Side
- 2001-2006 Mazda Tribute Front Strut & Spring Assembly Passenger Side
- 2008-2011 Mazda Tribute Front Strut & Spring Assembly Passenger Side
- 2005-2011 Mercury Mariner Front Strut & Spring Assembly Passenger Side
- 2006-2011 Mercury Mariner Hybrid Front Strut & Spring Assembly Passenger Side