2005-2010 Chevy Cobalt Front Strut & Spring Assembly Pair1ASSP00157
- Location: Front
- Quantity: Pair
These replacement strut and spring assemblies are just what you need to get your vehicle in good working order again.
- Comes as a PAIR
- Fits both LH (Driver Side) & RH (Passenger Side) FRONT
- Each strut and spring assembly includes:
- Upper Mount
- Upper Spring Isolator
- Upper Spring Seat
- Boot Kit
- Lower Spring Isolator
- Direct replacements
- Built to strict quality control standards
We recommend replacing struts in pairs and performing an alignment after replacement.
In the past, replacing struts required specialized tools to compress, remove and transfer the spring. This new strut and spring assembly makes this job much simpler for the do it yourself mechanic. This part comes pre-assembled. Jack up and support the vehicle with jack stands. Remove the wheel. Unbolt the top mounts and the bottom from the suspension and replace the whole unit. The large bottom bolts usually require an impact wrench and socket for removal. When reassembling, be sure to torque all nuts and bolts to their proper specifications. Do not use impact tools when reassembling.
Remove the top of the strut
- Lift the hood and secure it.
- Remove the three 13 mm nuts in the engine bay securing the top of the strut.
- Keep two of them loosely threaded just to keep the strut from flopping around while you work on the bottom half.
Remove the wheels
- Use a 19 mm lug wrench to loosen the lug nuts.
- Raise and secure the vehicle.
- Remove the lug nuts and set the wheel aside.
Remove the stabilizer link
- Use an 18 mm wrench and an 18 mm socket and ratchet to remove the stabilizer link.
- A breaker bar can help get it loose, using the wrench to secure the back of the bolt.
Remove the bottom of the strut
- Apply some penetrating oil to the two 18 mm nuts securing the strut to the steering knuckle.
- Work the bolts out of the steering knuckle and strut.
- Unthread the top two nuts and pull the strut down and out.
Install the new strut
- Put the strut into place and thread one of the bolts through the bottom of the strut and the steering knuckle.
- This secures the strut so you can secure the top three nuts.
- Torque the two bolts at the bottom to 100 ft lbs.
- Reassemble the stabilizer link.
- Replace the wheel, using a star pattern on the lug nuts.
- Torque the top three nuts to 20 ft lbs.
- Torque the lug nuts to 100 ft lbs.
How-to Video:(07:21 min)
- Breaker Bar
- Socket Extensions
- Torque Wrench
- 13mm Socket
- 14mm Socket
- 15mm Socket
- 16mm Socket
- 17mm Socket
- 18mm Socket
- 19mm Socket
- A Piece of Pipe (for leverage)
- Floor Jack
- Jack Stands
- 18mm Wrench
Ratchets & Related
Sockets - Metric
Wrenches - Metric
- 2005-2010 Chevy Cobalt Front Strut & Spring Assembly Pair
- 2006-2010 Chevy HHR Front Strut & Spring Assembly Pair (excluding SS Models)
- 2007-2010 Pontiac G5 Front Strut & Spring Assembly Pair
- 2005-2006 Pontiac Pursuit Front Strut & Spring Assembly Pair
Part #: 1ASSP00157
- Ships Same Day for orders placed by 5 P.M. ET
Free GROUND SHIPPINGCheck Shipping Rates