1997-2005 Buick Century Front Strut & Spring Assembly Pair (Monroe Econo-Matic)MNSSP00163
- Location: Front
- Quantity: Pair
This part replaces:
- MONROE 181661
Monroe Econo-Matic® Strut Assembly Pair: 181661
These are new MONROE strut and spring assemblies. We recommend performing an alignment after replacement.
Quantity: (2) Strut & Spring Assemblies
Side: Both LH (Driver Side) & RH (Passenger Side)
Vehicle Type: All Models (excluding Police or Taxi Models)
Engine Size: All
Quick and easy... remove and replace one piece! No need to take apart entire assembly. No need to compress coil springs. Do the complete job right the first time. Enhances the handling, safety and performance of your vehicle.
Each includes the following preassembled components:
- Upper Mount
- Upper Spring Isolator
- Upper Spring Seat
- Coil Spring
- Strut Assembly
The Monroe Econo-Matic Strut is a complete, ready-to-install replacement strut assembly. Each unit features a pre-assembled replacement upper mount, upper and lower spring isolators, upper spring seat, coil spring, boot kit, and strut. This fully integrated design reduces installation time, eliminates the need for a spring compressor and helps ensure a complete repair. The Econo-matic strut features nitrogen gas charging, velocity proportional valving and all-weather fluid to deliver improved comfort.
In the past, replacing struts required specialized tools to compress, remove and transfer the spring. Our new strut and spring assemblies make this job much simpler for the do it yourself mechanic. This part comes pre-assembled. Jack up and support the vehicle with jack stands. Remove the wheel. Unbolt the top mounts and the bottom from the suspension and replace the whole unit. The large bottom bolts usually require an impact wrench and socket for removal. When reassembling, be sure to torque all nuts and bolts to their proper specifications. Do not use impact tools when reassembling.
1 Year Warranty
This item is backed by a 1 Year Manufacturers Warranty. In the event this item should fail during intended use, we will exchange the part free of charge (excludes shipping charges) for the original purchaser. Please keep your invoice for proof of this warranty.
Remove the wheel
- Loosen the lug nuts
- Raise and secure the vehicle
- Remove the lug nuts and wheel.
Remove the bottom of the shock
- Unbolt the two bottom bolts securing the shock.
- Use a breaker bar and a 21 mm socket and some penetrating oil.
- You might need a hammer to work the bolts out once you have removed the nuts.
- Use a pry bar to pry the spindle free from the strut
Remove the top of the strut
- Pop the hood and secure it.
- Use your 13 mm socket and ratchet and some penetrating oil to remove the three bolts securing the top of the strut.
- Pull the strut down and out.
Install the new strut
- Work the strut into place and bolt in the top three 13 mm bolts
- Torque the three 13 mm nuts to 35-45 ft lbs
- Bolt in the bottom two nuts and bolts and torque to 100 ft lbs.
Replace the wheel
- Put the wheel back on and hand tighten the lug nuts
- Lower the vehicle and torque the lug nuts to 100 ft lbs
How-to Video:(04:55 min)
- Breaker Bar
- Pry Bar
- 13mm Socket
- 19mm Socket
- 21mm Socket
- Floor Jack
- Jack Stands
Ratchets & Related
Screwdrivers & Related
Sockets - Metric
This part replaces:
- MONROE 181661
- 2005-2009 Buick Allure Front Strut & Spring Assembly Pair (Monroe Econo-Matic)
- 1997-2005 Buick Century Front Strut & Spring Assembly Pair (Monroe Econo-Matic)
- 1997-2004 Buick Regal Front Strut & Spring Assembly Pair (Monroe Econo-Matic)
- 2000-2013 Chevy Impala Front Strut & Spring Assembly Pair (excluding Police Package) (Monroe Econo-Matic)
- 2000-2007 Chevy Monte Carlo Front Strut & Spring Assembly Pair (Monroe Econo-Matic)
- 1997-2003 Pontiac Grand Prix Front Strut & Spring Assembly Pair (Monroe Econo-Matic)
Part #: MNSSP00163
- Ships Same Day for orders placed by 5 P.M. ET
Free GROUND SHIPPINGCheck Shipping Rates
Brand #: 181661
"Thanks for the fast reliable service. Great price, and the headlights were as good as oem or better!!! Keep up the good work..."- Dwuan M.