Power Window Motor
Power Window Motor at 1A Auto
What is a Power Window Motor and where is it Located?
Almost all modern vehicles come equipped with power windows instead of windows that are operated manually with the use of window crank handles, making raising and lowering windows as easy as pushing a switch. A key component in the proper operation of your vehicle’s power windows is the power window motor, also commonly referred to as a window lift motor or an electric window motor. Power window motors are located behind your vehicle’s door panels. This electric motor, when activated by the push of the power window switch, powers the linkage of the lifting mechanism that actually moves the windows up and down, called a window regulator.
Need a Power Window Motor Replacement?
Since windows are used frequently, the power window motor is one of the most actively used parts in any vehicle. Thus, window motors are subject to high wear and tear that leads to failure and inconvenience. Since the motor plays such a critical role in the operation of your automotive’s power windows, if it fails to function, a replacement will be necessary so that you can get your windows working again.
Design quality and durable manufacturing materials are important to the reliability of a power window motor, and that is why 1A Auto's Product development team spends countless hours a year researching them to find the best ones to offer. 1A Auto's brand new window motors are built to high quality control standards and are engineered using enhanced designs to increase durability. Most motors are built to OEM specs, ensuring proper fit and installation. Low-price alternatives are also available on certain models for quick-fix needs.
At 1A Auto, shopping for a window lift motor replacement for your car, truck, SUV or van is easy - we're here to help you select the right motor for your vehicle! Call our customer service toll free at 888-844-3393 if you have any questions about the product, warranty, compatibility of your window lift motor or to purchase, or you can buy online.
For answers to some of the more frequently asked questions about our motors and power window motors in general, please see our FAQ section below.
Frequently Asked Questions About Power Window Motors:
- 1. Are these new power window motors?
- 2. Are 2 and 4 door power window motors interchangeable?
- 3. Does the power window motor come with hardware to install?
- 4. What caused my old power window motor to fail?
- 5. Tips on how to replace a power window motor
1. Are these new power window motors?
Yes! 1A Auto offers only top quality brand new window motors. We stand behind our products and services; we do not offer re-built or re-furbished motors. All window lift motors are constructed to perform as well if not better than the originals. Our new aftermarket window motors also last 2-3 times longer on average than used OEM window motors.
2. Are 2 and 4 door power window motors interchangeable?
Sometimes they are. In an instance where they are interchangeable we will list them for the specific doors and sides they will work for. If a power window motor is not listed specifically for the door you need, then it will not work. For compatibility questions, please contact our customer service toll free at 888-844-3393.
3. Does the power window motor come with hardware to install?
Our auto window motors do not include any installation hardware, unless noted otherwise in the description. Each product description provides detailed information about the included components. Often you can reuse the original hardware, or obtain it locally. If you have any questions about what is included with the item, please contact our customer service toll free at 888-844-3393.
4. What caused my old power window motor to break?
Your car or truck's window motor may need to be replaced for many reasons. Common causes of window lift motor failures include excessive strain, old or worn components, and general wear and tear. Therefore, it is important to choose a high quality designed and manufactured motor.
Problems that may contribute to broken window motors:
- - Damaged window regulator
- - Worn or compromised weatherstripping
- - Misaligned window
- - Misplaced window stops
- - Obstructions in the windows or doors
- - Weakened balance springs
- - Ground wiring fault
5. Tips on how to replace a power window motor:
- - Obtain a copy of the dealer service manual procedure. Many dealer customer service or parts
counters will let you copy this information if you ask nicely. Some may charge for it, but either way,
having the correct procedure and diagrams is invaluable.
- - Understand how your window aligns. Windows have many adjustment points that control how far up,
how far down, angle when the window is down, angle when the window is up, forward and rearward
pitch of the window. Making sure your window is aligned properly and goes up and down without
obstruction (when attached to the mechanism) is crucial in extending the life of your new window
- - Choose an appropriate work area and have patience.
- - Make sure you have a large protected space to work in.
- - Allow yourself plenty of time and don't hurry. A window lift motor installation can be a day long
- - Don't start the project on a night where you need the car the following morning.
- - Don't let yourself be rushed by the weather.
- - Before you reassemble the door, do many slow tests of the window motor. Move it up and
down, looking for potential problems with the newly installed window motor.