1988-2000 GMC K2500 Truck Pitman Arm1ASPA00001
This part replaces:
- OE # 26051896
This replacement pitman arm is just what you need to ensure the safety and integrity of your vehicle's suspension and steering.
- Includes (1) Pitman Arm assembly as shown
- Replaces one of many dealer part numbers including: 7849562, 26032996, 26051896
- Connects at steering box and to relay arm
- Direct replacement
- Built to strict quality control standards
Your pitman arm connects the steering box to the center link and the rest of the steering linkage. Over time the greasable ends and even the holes in the arm can wear causing loose connections and a sloppy steering feel.
Effective June 23, 2014: This item is backed by a manufacturer's Limited Lifetime Warranty. In the event this item should fail due to manufacturing defects during intended use, we will exchange the part free of charge (excludes shipping charges) for the original purchaser. Please keep your invoice for proof of this warranty.
- To check to see if you have a bad pitman arm, jack up your car and secure it.
- Move your wheel and if there is play in your pitman arm and joint.
Remove the skid plate
- Unbolt the four 15 mm bolts.
- Remove the kid plate and set aside.
Prepare the steering box to access the pitman arm
- Unclip and move aside the plastic shield.
- Spray the two fittings and the bolt with penetrating oil.
- Loosen the power steering coupling bolt.
- Use a fitting wrench to remove the two fittings and an 11 mm socket and ratchet and extension to remove the bolt.
- Have a helper hold the steering wheel for you while you do this to make it easier.
- Use a pry bar to move the steering shaft from the steering box.
Remove the steering box and pitman arm
- Use a 21 mm bolt to remove the bolt mounting the pitman arm.
- Use a joint fork and a hammer to separate the joint.
- Remove the three bolts securing the steering box and remove the steering box completely to remove the pitman arm.
- Put the steering box and pit man arm in an oil pan.
- Use an impact wrench or a large breaker bar as well as a pitman arm puller to remove the pitman arm from the steering arm.
For reinstallation please see part 2
How-to Video:(08:31 min)
- Penetrating Oil
- Breaker Bar
- Socket Extensions
- Flat Blade Screwdriver
- 11mm Socket
- 15mm Socket
- 21mm Socket
- 34mm Socket
- Drain Pan
- Floor Jack
- Jack Stands
- Pitman Arm Puller
- 18mm Wrench
Materials, Fluids, and Supplies
Ratchets & Related
Screwdrivers & Related
Sockets - Metric
Wrenches - Metric
This part replaces:
- OE # 26051896
- 1999-2000 Cadillac Escalade Pitman Arm
- 1992-1994 Chevy Blazer Full Size Pitman Arm
- 1988-1999 Chevy C1500 Truck Pitman Arm
- 1988-2000 Chevy C2500 Truck Pitman Arm
- 1988-1990 Chevy C3500 Truck Pitman Arm
- 1991-2000 Chevy C3500 Truck Pitman Arm for Models with Independent Front Suspension
- 1988-1999 Chevy K1500 Truck Pitman Arm
- 1988-2000 Chevy K2500 Truck Pitman Arm
- 1988-2000 Chevy K3500 Truck Pitman Arm
- 1992-1999 Chevy Suburban C1500 Pitman Arm
- 1995-1999 Chevy Tahoe Pitman Arm
- 2000 Chevy Tahoe Pitman Arm for V8 5.7L Models
- 1988-1999 GMC C1500 Truck Pitman Arm
- 1988-2000 GMC C2500 Truck Pitman Arm
- 1988-1990 GMC C3500 Truck Pitman Arm
- 1991-2000 GMC C3500 Truck Pitman Arm for Models with Independent Front Suspension
- 1988-1999 GMC K1500 Truck Pitman Arm
- 1988-2000 GMC K2500 Truck Pitman Arm
- 1988-2000 GMC K3500 Truck Pitman Arm
- 1992-1999 GMC Suburban Pitman Arm
- 1992-1999 GMC Yukon Pitman Arm
- 2000 GMC Yukon Pitman Arm for V8 5.7L Models
Part #: 1ASPA00001
- Ships Same Day for orders placed by 5 P.M. ET
Free GROUND SHIPPINGCheck Shipping Rates
"Thanks for the fast reliable service. Great price, and the headlights were as good as oem or better!!! Keep up the good work..."- Dwuan M.