2002-2003 Nissan Maxima Rear Strut & Spring Assembly (excluding Electronic Suspension)1ASTS00806
This replacement strut is just what you need to get your vehicle in good working order again.
- Fits the LH (Driver Side) or RH (Passenger) Rear
- Replacement upper mount
- Upper and lower spring isolators
- Upper spring seat
- Coil spring
- Boot kit
- Direct replacement
- Built to strict quality control standards
We recommend replacing struts in pairs and performing an alignment after replacement. This will ensure proper tracking and even tire wear.
This is a new replacement strut and spring assembly. We recommend replacing struts in pairs and performing an alignment after replacement.
In the past, replacing struts required specialized tools to compress, remove and transfer the spring. Our new strut and spring assemblies make this job much simpler for the do it yourself mechanic. This part comes pre-assembled. Jack up and support the vehicle with jack stands. Remove the wheel. Unbolt the top mounts and the bottom from the suspension and replace the whole unit. The large bottom bolts usually require an impact wrench and socket for removal. When reassembling, be sure to torque all nuts and bolts to their proper specifications. Do not use impact tools when reassembling.
Effective June 23, 2014: This item is backed by a manufacturer's Limited Lifetime Warranty. In the event this item should fail due to manufacturing defects during intended use, we will exchange the part free of charge (excludes shipping charges) for the original purchaser. Please keep your invoice for proof of this warranty.
Remove the top of the strut
- Pop the trunk and move the carpeting out of the way
- Pry up the clip securing the trunk trim and pull it up.
- Unbolt the 14 mm bolts at the top of the strut.
Remove the wheel
- Loosen the lug nuts
- Raise and secure the vehicle
- Remove the lug nuts and wheel.
Remove the bottom of the strut
- Use a breaker bar and penetrating oil to unbolt the 17 mm strut bolts on the bottom
- Pull the strut down and out.
Install the new strut
- Bolt the strut back in, torquing your 14 mm bolts to 20-30 ft lbs
- Insert your spindle to the lower end of the strut and raise your control arm until the bolt holes line up.
- Torque the bottom 17 mm nut to 75 ft lbs
Replace the wheel
- Put the wheel on and hand tighten the lug nuts.
- Lower the vehicle and torque the lug nuts to 100 ft lbs
How-to Video:(06:06 min)
- Breaker Bar
- Socket Extensions
- Torque Wrench
- Flat Blade Screwdriver
- Pry Bar
- 14mm Socket
- 17mm Socket
- 21mm Socket
Ratchets & Related
Screwdrivers & Related
Sockets - Metric
- 2002-2004 Infiniti I35 Rear Strut & Spring Assembly (excluding Electronic Suspension)
- 2002-2003 Nissan Maxima Rear Strut & Spring Assembly (excluding Electronic Suspension)
Part #: 1ASTS00806
- Ships Same Day for orders placed by 5 P.M. ET
Free GROUND SHIPPINGCheck Shipping Rates
"Thanks for the fast reliable service. Great price, and the headlights were as good as oem or better!!! Keep up the good work..."- Dwuan M.