1991-2001 Ford Explorer Hood Lift Support1ABHS00006
Is your hood not staying open anymore? The problem could be the lift supports mounted to the hood. These get weak over time and require replacing. No need to lose money at the dealer for this simple do it yourself replacement. Our lift supports are just what you are looking for to make your rear hatch, glass, or hood work correctly again.
This is for one support. We recommend replacing them in pairs.
It is necessary to reuse your original hardware, as new hardware is not included with this item.
Effective June 23, 2014: This item is backed by a manufacturer's Limited Lifetime Warranty. In the event this item should fail due to manufacturing defects during intended use, we will exchange the part free of charge (excludes shipping charges) for the original purchaser. Please keep your invoice for proof of this warranty.
Removing the Hood Support Strut
- Prop the hood open with a piece of wood or other object
- Pry the clip off the top of the hood strut with a flat blade screwdriver
- Pry the clip off the bottom of the hood strut with a flat blade screwdriver
- Pull the hood up by hand
- Pull the hood strut off by hand
Installing the New Hood Strut
- Lower the hood back onto your prop
- Push the smaller end of the hood strut on to the lower hood strut socket
- Lift the hood by hand
- Push the larger end of the hood strut on to the upper hood strut socket
- It is best to replace hood struts as a pair
- If replacing both hood struts, repeat these steps on the other side
- Remove the prop
How-to Video:(02:15 min)
- Flat Blade Screwdriver
- Block of Wood
Screwdrivers & Related
- 1991-2001 Ford Explorer Hood Lift Support
- 1997-2001 Mercury Mountaineer Hood Lift Support
Part #: 1ABHS00006
- Ships Same Day for orders placed by 5 P.M. ET
Free GROUND SHIPPINGCheck Shipping Rates
"Thanks for the fast reliable service. Great price, and the headlights were as good as oem or better!!! Keep up the good work..."- Dwuan M.