1996-2007 Ford Taurus Front Suspension Kit1ASFK00439
- Location: Front
These replacement suspension parts are just what you need to ensure the safety and integrity of your vehicle's suspension and steering.
FRONT Suspension Kit includes:
- (2) - FRONT LOWER Ball Joints - LH (Driver Side) & RH (Passenger Side)
- (2) - FRONT INNER Tie Rod Ends - LH (Driver Side) & RH (Passenger Side)
- (2) - FRONT OUTER Tie Rod Ends - LH (Driver Side) & RH (Passenger Side)
- (2) - FRONT Sway Bar Links - LH (Driver Side) & RH (Passenger Side)
- Replaces dealer part numbers: F5OY3K185A, F5OY-3K185-A, F5OY3K186A, F5OY-3K186-A, F6DZ-3K185-A, F6DZ3K186A, F6DZ-3K186-A, XF1Z3050AA, XF1Z-3050-AA, 1F1Z3280AA, 1F1Z-3280-AA, F6DZ3280AA, F6DZ-3280-AA
- Direct replacements
- Built to strict quality control standards
Worn ball joints can cause excessive front tire wear, popping or creaking in the front end, extra play in the steering system, and pose a serious safety concern. Replace loose or worn ball joints with our quality replacement. One way to diagnose a loose, or warn ball joint, is to jack the car up, so the wheel is off of the ground, then have someone try to move the wheel in and out. While they are moving the wheel check the ball joint for play, if it is moving you probably need to replace it.
Remember whenever you are replacing any front end or steering components you should have your vehicle professionally aligned as soon as possible. This will ensure proper tracking and even tire wear.
Effective June 23, 2014: This item is backed by a manufacturer's Limited Lifetime Warranty. In the event this item should fail due to manufacturing defects during intended use, we will exchange the part free of charge (excludes shipping charges) for the original purchaser. Please keep your invoice for proof of this warranty.
Step 1: Remove wheel
- Remove lug nuts and remove wheel.
Step 2: Remove tie rod
- Remove cotter pin.
- Use your tie rod puller to pull the tie rod up.
- Use your two adjustable wrenches to remove the tie rod.
Step 3: Install new tie rod
- Use the old nut to mark the bolt with tape.
- Use a vice grip and an adjustable wrench to remove the nut, using penetrating oil if need be.
- Replace bolt with new one, compensating for any difference in width.
- Use your two adjustable wrenches to tighten the nut up against the tie rod end.
- Use your torque wrench to tighten up the nut on the end of the tie rod and put the cotter pin in.
- Put the grease fitting in.
- Use grease gun to fill boot with grease.
Step 4: Put wheel back on
- Use the star pattern to tighten the lugs to 90 to 100 ft lbs.
How-to Video:(10:21 min)
- Adjustable Wrench
- Needle nose pliers
- 18mm Socket
- 19mm Socket
- Grease Gun
- Tie Rod Puller
- 8mm Wrench
Pliers, Cutters & misc Wrenches
Ratchets & Related
Sockets - Metric
Wrenches - Metric
- 1996-2007 Ford Taurus Front Suspension Kit
- 1996-2005 Mercury Sable Front Suspension Kit
Part #: 1ASFK00439
- Ships Same Day for orders placed by 5 P.M. ET
Free GROUND SHIPPINGCheck Shipping Rates
"Thanks for the fast reliable service. Great price, and the headlights were as good as oem or better!!! Keep up the good work..."- Dwuan M.