1996-2005 Mercury Sable Front Strut Assembly Pair (Monroe Quick-Strut)MNSSP00017
- Location: Front
- Quantity: Pair
This part replaces:
- MONROE 171615
Monroe Quick-Strut® 171615 - QTY 2
This is a new MONROE strut and spring assembly PAIR. We recommend getting a alignment after replacement.
Quantity: (2) Quick Struts
Side: LH (Driver) & RH (Passenger) Side
Vehicle Type: All (excluding Electronic Suspension)
Engine Size: All
Built to strict quality control standards:
Quick and easy... remove and replace one piece! No need to take apart entire assembly. No need to compress coil springs. Do the complete job right the first time. Enhances the handling, safety and performance of your vehicle.
Includes the following preassembled components :
- Upper Mount
- Upper Spring Isolator
- Upper Spring Seat
- Coil Spring
- Boot Kit
- Lower Spring Isolator
- Premium Strut
The revolutionary Monroe Quick-Strut unit is the first complete, ready-to-install replacement strut assembly available! Monroe Quick-Strut units include all the components required for strut replacement in a single, fully-assembled unit. They feature pre-assembled replacement upper mount, upper and lower spring isolators, upper spring seat, coil spring, boot kit, and a premium strut. This breakthrough design saves on installation time by eliminating having to disassemble components and compress the coil spring prior to installation. Each Quick-Strut assembly features application-engineered valving to optimize each vehicle's unique ride and handling characteristics.
In the past, replacing struts required specialized tools to compress, remove and transfer the spring. Our new strut and spring assemblies make this job much simpler for the do it yourself mechanic. This part comes pre-assembled. Jack up and support the vehicle with jack stands. Remove the wheel. Unbolt the top mounts and the bottom from the suspension and replace the whole unit. The large bottom bolts usually require an impact wrench and socket for removal. When reassembling, be sure to torque all nuts and bolts to their proper specifications. Do not use impact tools when reassembling.
Warranty Note: Tenneco Inc. warrants qualifying Monroe® products against defects and wear-out when used on private passenger cars and light trucks under normal operating conditions for as long as such original purchaser owns the vehicle on which they were originally installed.
Tenneco's obligation under this warranty is limited to replacement of the worn-out or defective product in accordance with this warranty. Cost of removal and installation are not included, and any incidental and consequential damages are excluded under this warranty, regardless of when the failure occurs. This warranty has no cash value. This warranty does not apply to products which have been modified, improperly applied or installed on vehicles used for commercial or racing purposes. Qualifying Products are Monroe OESpectrum Shocks and Struts, Monroe Reflex Shocks and Struts, Monroe Sensa-Trac Shocks and Struts, Monroe Quick-Strut replacement assemblies, Monroe Gas-Magnum Shocks
Remove the wheel
- Loosen the lug nuts with your lug wrench
- Raise and secure the vehicle
- Remove the lug nuts and wheel
Remove the front strut
- Use penetrating oil on the strut and shock bolts.
- Unbolt and unclip the ABS sensor line.
- Remove the upper stabilizer bolt with an 18 mm wrench.
- Unbolt the lower end of the strut and use a hammer to work the bolt out.
- Use a hammer to separate the steering knuckle and the strut.
- Remove the three 13 mm bolts at the top of the strut.
Install the new strut
- Finesse the strut into place and bolt in the three 13 mm bolts
- Torque the three 13 mm bolts to 35 ft lbs.
- Taking care not to damage the brake lines, work the bottom of the strut into the steering knuckle.
- Bolt in the bottom of the strut, torquing the bottom bolt to 100 ft lbs.
- Bolt the stabilizer link back in, using your 18 mm wrench to tighten it up.
- Clip the ABS sensor and brake line bracket back together and bolt it back in place.
Put the wheel back on
- Put the wheel on and hand tighten the lug nuts.
- Lower the car
- Torque the lug nuts using a star pattern from 75-100 ft lbs
How-to Video:(09:39 min)
- Socket Extensions
- 10mm Socket
- 11mm Socket
- 12mm Socket
- 13mm Socket
- 14mm Socket
- 15mm Socket
- 16mm Socket
- 17mm Socket
- 18mm Socket
- Floor Jack
- Jack Stands
- Large Hammer
- 10mm Wrench
- 11mm Wrench
- 12mm Wrench
- 13mm Wrench
- 14mm Wrench
- 15mm Wrench
- 16mm Wrench
- 17mm Wrench
- 18mm Wrench
- 19mm Wrench
- 21mm wrench
Ratchets & Related
Sockets - Metric
Wrenches - Metric
This part replaces:
- MONROE 171615
- 1996-1999 Ford Taurus Front Strut Assembly (excluding SHO Models) (excluding Electronic Suspension) Pair (Monroe Quick-Strut)
- 2000-2007 Ford Taurus Front Strut Assembly Pair (Monroe Quick-Strut)
- 1996-2005 Mercury Sable Front Strut Assembly Pair (Monroe Quick-Strut)
Part #: MNSSP00017
- Ships Same Day for orders placed by 5 P.M. ET
Free GROUND SHIPPINGCheck Shipping Rates
Brand #: 171615
"Thanks for the fast reliable service. Great price, and the headlights were as good as oem or better!!! Keep up the good work..."- Dwuan M.