1996-2005 Mercury Sable 4 Door Sedan Front & Rear Strut & Spring Assembly (Set of 4)1ASSP00298
- Location: Front
- Location: Rear
These replacement strut and spring assemblies are just what you need to get your vehicle in good working order again.
- Comes as a SET of 4
- Fits both the LH (Driver Side) & RH (Passenger Side) FRONT & REAR
- Replacement upper mounts
- Upper and lower spring isolators
- Upper spring seats
- Coil springs
- Boot kits
- Preassembled for easier replacement
- Fits 4 Door Sedan Models only
- Do NOT fit models with Electronic or Air Suspension
In the past, replacing struts required specialized tools to compress, remove and transfer the spring. Our new strut and spring assemblies make this job much simpler for the do it yourself mechanic. This part comes pre-assembled. Jack up and support the vehicle with jack stands. Remove the wheel. Unbolt the top mounts and the bottom from the suspension and replace the whole unit. The large bottom bolts usually require an impact wrench and socket for removal. When reassembling, be sure to torque all nuts and bolts to their proper specifications. Do not use impact tools when reassembling.
Remove the wheel
- Loosen the lug nuts with your lug wrench
- Raise and secure the vehicle
- Remove the lug nuts and wheel
Remove the front strut
- Use penetrating oil on the strut and shock bolts.
- Unbolt and unclip the ABS sensor line.
- Remove the upper stabilizer bolt with an 18 mm wrench.
- Unbolt the lower end of the strut and use a hammer to work the bolt out.
- Use a hammer to separate the steering knuckle and the strut.
- Remove the three 13 mm bolts at the top of the strut.
Install the new strut
- Finesse the strut into place and bolt in the three 13 mm bolts
- Torque the three 13 mm bolts to 35 ft lbs.
- Taking care not to damage the brake lines, work the bottom of the strut into the steering knuckle.
- Bolt in the bottom of the strut, torquing the bottom bolt to 100 ft lbs.
- Bolt the stabilizer link back in, using your 18 mm wrench to tighten it up.
- Clip the ABS sensor and brake line bracket back together and bolt it back in place.
Put the wheel back on
- Put the wheel on and hand tighten the lug nuts.
- Lower the car
- Torque the lug nuts using a star pattern from 75-100 ft lbs
How-to Video:(09:39 min)
- Socket Extensions
- 10mm Socket
- 11mm Socket
- 12mm Socket
- 13mm Socket
- 14mm Socket
- 15mm Socket
- 16mm Socket
- 17mm Socket
- 18mm Socket
- Floor Jack
- Jack Stands
- Large Hammer
- 10mm Wrench
- 11mm Wrench
- 12mm Wrench
- 13mm Wrench
- 14mm Wrench
- 15mm Wrench
- 16mm Wrench
- 17mm Wrench
- 18mm Wrench
- 19mm Wrench
- 21mm wrench
Ratchets & Related
Sockets - Metric
Wrenches - Metric
- 1996-1999 Ford Taurus 4 Door Sedan Front & Rear Strut & Spring Assembly (Set of 4) (excluding SHO Models) (excluding Electronic Suspension)
- 2000-2007 Ford Taurus 4 Door Sedan Front & Rear Strut & Spring Assembly (Set of 4)
- 1996-2005 Mercury Sable 4 Door Sedan Front & Rear Strut & Spring Assembly (Set of 4)