Ford Hood Lift Support Pair - 1ALSP000621ALSP00062
- Quantity: Pair
Is your hood not staying open anymore? The problem could be the lift supports mounted to the hood. These get weak over time and require replacing. No need to lose money at the dealer for this simple do it yourself replacement. Our lift supports are just what you are looking for to make your hood work correctly again.
Each hood strut or lift support has the following specifications:
Comes as a PAIR
Fits both the LH (driver) & RH (passenger) side
Replaces dealer part numbers: F81Z 16C826 AB, F81Z16C826AB, F81Z 16C826 AD, F81Z16C826AD
100% tested prior to leaving the factory
Built to strict quality control standards
Commonly called "Hydraulic Lift" by Ford
This is for two supports. If you only need one, please see our other listings.
It is necessary to reuse your original hardware, as new hardware is not included with this item.
Effective June 23, 2014: This item is backed by a Limited Lifetime Warranty. In the event this item should fail due to manufacturing defects during intended use, we will exchange the part free of charge (excludes shipping charges) for the original purchaser. Please keep your invoice for proof of this warranty.
Removing the Hood Support Struts
- Pry out on the clips from the top and bottom of the struts with a flat blade screwdriver
- Pull the piston out from the studs
Installing the New Hood Support Struts
- Push the support on until it clicks into the studs
How-to Video:(01:35 min)
- Flat Blade Screwdriver
Screwdrivers & Related
- 2000-2005 Ford Excursion Hood Lift Support Pair
- 1999-2007 Ford F250 Super Duty Truck Hood Lift Support Pair
- 1999-2007 Ford F350 Super Duty Truck Hood Lift Support Pair
- 1999-2007 Ford F450 Truck Super Duty Hood Lift Support Pair
- 1999-2007 Ford F550 Truck Super Duty Hood Lift Support Pair
Part #: 1ALSP00062
- Ships Same Day for orders placed by 5 P.M. ET
Free GROUND SHIPPINGCheck Shipping Rates
"Thanks for the fast reliable service. Great price, and the headlights were as good as oem or better!!! Keep up the good work..."- Dwuan M.