1998-2002 Ford Escort ZX2 Coupe Headlight Pair1ALHP00538
- Quantity: Pair
- Includes Driver and Passenger Side
- Fits ZX2 2 door Coupe Model ONLY
- Includes lens & housing
- Bulbs not included
- This headlamp will install just as your original does. You can use your existing hardware and wiring harnesses.
- Save time and money with a direct fit. No trips to the hardware store or extra time trying to get the wiring to hookup.
- 1A Auto has the most comprehensive warranty.
- If this headlight should fail to provide satisfactory performance you may exchange it.
- Replacing a discolored, scratched, dull or damaged headlight with a headlight from 1A Auto can increase your resale value by up to 10%.
- A new headlight can provide you with up to 50% more illumination than a dull, yellowed, sandblasted, broken or scratched headlight.
- 1A Auto headlights can help you see farther at night and in poor driving conditions.
- A new headlight from 1A Auto can make you more visible to other traffic during heavy rain or wintry weather.
Effective June 23, 2014: This item is backed by a manufacturer's Limited Lifetime Warranty. In the event this item should fail due to manufacturing defects during intended use, we will exchange the part free of charge (excludes shipping charges) for the original purchaser. Please keep your invoice for proof of this warranty.
Unless otherwise noted, our lights do not include bulbs, though occasionally lighting manufacturers do include bulbs in the lights. If you happen to receive a lighting product (Headlight, Tail light, parking light, fog light etc.) that comes with the bulbs, the bulbs are not covered under our warranty. Our warranty applies only to the light assembly.
Changing the Bulbs
- Twist the cover off on the back of the headlight.
- Remove the ring,
- Twist the socket out and change the bulb.
- Reverse procedure.
- Twist the blinker bulb out and replace the bulb.
- Twist it back into place.
- Twist the socket to remove the bulb on the back of the parking light.
- Bull the bulb straight out to replace.
- Line the tabs up on the socket and twist it into place.
Removing the Bumper Cover
- Remove the two Phillips screws in the wheel well.
- Remove the 10mm bolt in the wheel well.
- Remove the 10mm bolts behind the inner fender panel.
- Remove the four 8mm or Phillips screws under the bumper cover.
- Pull the bumper cover off.
Removing the Headlight Assembly
- Remove the four 10mm fasteners from the headlight.
- Pull the headlight out.
- Disconnect the two connectors.
Replacing the Headlight Assembly
- Replace the two connectors.
- Line the headlight assembly up and push it into place.
- Replace the four 10mm fasteners.
- Adjust the headlight angles with the adjuster rods on the back.
- Put the bumper cover up into place.
- Replace the three 10mm bolts at the top of the bumper cover.
- Replace the two 10mm bolts behind the inner fender.
- Replace the bolts in the bumper cover.
- Plug the lights in.
- Replace the bolts under the bumper cover.
How-to Video:(08:46 min)
- Socket Extensions
- Phillips Head Screwdriver
- 10mm Socket
Ratchets & Related
Screwdrivers & Related
Sockets - Metric
- 1998-2002 Ford Escort ZX2 Coupe Headlight Pair
- 2003 Ford ZX2 Coupe Headlight Pair
Part #: 1ALHP00538
- Ships Same Day for orders placed by 5 P.M. ET
Free GROUND SHIPPINGCheck Shipping Rates
"Thanks for the fast reliable service. Great price, and the headlights were as good as oem or better!!! Keep up the good work..."- Dwuan M.