1997-2003 Ford E250 Van Engine Knock Sensor for V6 4.2L1AEKS00020-528351
This part replaces:
- OE # XL3Z12A699CA
- OE # XL3F12A699CA
- Standard Motor Products KS125
This replacement Engine Knock (Detonation) Sensor is just what you need to get your vehicle in good running order again!
A knock sensor is like a small electronic microphone that is usually attached to the engine block and listens for a couple of things that a engine might do. One thing it listens for is pre-ignition or knocking inside the engine usually caused by a few issues including dirty gas, wrong engine timing low octane fuel, wrong air / fuel mixture, and also by the wrong spark plugs. It also listens for engine run on which happens when the vehicle is turned off, but tries to keep running until it stalls. Once a noise is detected, the knock sensor sends a signal to the cars computer which in turn will retard the timing at 2 degree intervals until it corrects the issue. If the knock sensor fails, it can seriously damage the engine, as continuous pre-ignition could cause melting or fractures in the pistons just to name a few.
This knock sensor features the following specifications:
- 100% New not remanufactured
- Replaces dealer part number: XL3F-12A699-CA, XL3Z-12A699-CA, XL3F12A699CA, XL3Z12A699CA
- Mounting type: Direct
- Built to strict quality control standards
- Number of Terminals: (2)
- For 2004 Ford F150:
- Fits Heritage models only (Old Body Style)
- Does NOT fit New Body Style
This Engine Knock Sensor makes a great replacement and has good cost savings over a dealer unit.
- 1997-2003 Ford E150 Van Engine Knock Sensor for V6 4.2L
- 1997-2003 Ford E250 Van Engine Knock Sensor for V6 4.2L
- 2004 Ford F150 Heritage Truck Engine Knock Sensor for with for V6 4.2L
- 1999-2003 Ford F150 Truck Engine Knock Sensor for V6 4.2L