1998-2001 Ford Explorer Exterior Door Handle Pair1ADHS00070
These replacement Ford Explorer and Mercury Mountaineer SUV Exterior door handles are just what you need to get your Ford Explorer and Mercury Mountaineer in good looking form again!
- Come as a PAIR
- Fits both the LH (Driver Side) & RH (Passenger Side)
- Injected molded plastic with black finish
- Can be painted by the buyer to any color desired or installed as is
- Direct replacement for original exterior door handle
- Built to strict quality control standards
- Mounting hardware not included
This Ford Explorer and Mercury Mountaineer exterior door handle is a direct bolt on and is built to strict quality control standards. It is a great replacement and has good cost savings over a dealer unit.
Effective June 23, 2014: This item is backed by a Limited Lifetime Warranty. In the event this item should fail due to manufacturing defects during intended use, we will exchange the part free of charge (excludes shipping charges) for the original purchaser. Please keep your invoice for proof of this warranty.
Remove the door panel
- Use a flat blade screwdriver to remove the bezel around the door latch.
- Remove the two Phillips screws exposed.
- Use a rag and your flat head screwdriver to pry up the door lock switch.
- Unplug the wiring harness and set the switch aside for safe keeping.
- Use your putty knife and a cloth rag to unclip the door panel.
- Lift the door panel up and out to remove it.
- Pull the switch panel through the door panel.
- Carefully remove the water shield.
Remove the door handle.
- Lift the door panel up and knock out the two rivets securing the door handle with a hammer and chisel.
- Use a 5/16 drill bit to remove the rivets.
- Back on the inside of the door, unbolt the 11 mm bolt securing the window track.
- Use a pair of needle nose pliers to unclip the door handle rod.
- Pull the door handle up and out.
Install the new door handle.
- Transfer over the door handle rod.
- Make sure the door handle mount is clear of any debris from the rivets.
- Feed the new handle and rod down and into place.
- Bolt the new door handle in using a ratchet and extension to access the nuts on the inside of the door.
- Clip the rod back in.
- Test the door handle.
- Bolt the window track back into place.
Reassemble the door panel
- Check out our door panel explorer video for more detailed door panel assembly instructions.
How-to Video:(09:33 min)
- 5/16 Inch Drill Bit
- Cloth Rags
- Socket Extensions
- Flat Blade Screwdriver
- Phillips Head Screwdriver
- 11mm Socket
- Putty Knife
Drills, Drill Bits & Related
Materials, Fluids, and Supplies
Ratchets & Related
Screwdrivers & Related
Sockets - Metric
- 1998-2001 Ford Explorer Exterior Door Handle Pair
- 2001-2003 Ford Explorer Sport Exterior Door Handle Pair
- 2001-2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Exterior Door Handle Pair
- 1998-2001 Mercury Mountaineer Exterior Door Handle Pair
Part #: 1ADHS00070
- Ships Same Day for orders placed by 5 P.M. ET
Free GROUND SHIPPINGCheck Shipping Rates
"Thanks for the fast reliable service. Great price, and the headlights were as good as oem or better!!! Keep up the good work..."- Dwuan M.