2003-2005 Dodge Stratus Screw In Engine Knock Sensor for V6 2.7L1AEKS00003-479605
- Part Type: Screw In
This part replaces:
- OE # 4557667AB
- Standard Motor Products KS103
This replacement Engine Knock (Detonation) Sensor is just what you need to get your vehicle in good running order again!
A knock sensor is like a small electronic microphone that is usually attached to the engine block and listens for a couple of things that a engine might do. One thing it listens for is pre-ignition or knocking inside the engine usually caused by a few issues including dirty gas, wrong engine timing low octane fuel, and also by the wrong spark plugs. It also listens for engine run on which happens when the vehicle is turned off, but tries to keep running until it stalls. Once a noise is detected, the knock sensor sends a signal to the cars computer which in turn will retard the timing at 2 degree intervals until it corrects the issue. If the knock sensor fails, it can seriously damage the engine, as continuous pre-ignition can cause fracture in the pistons.
This knock sensor features the following specifications:
- 100% New not remanufactured
- Replaces dealer part number: 4557667AB
- Mounts to engine block
- Built to strict quality control standards
- Some models may use more then one
- Mounting type: Screw in
- Does not fit bolt on or Wire Type
- Number of Terminals: (2)
This Engine Knock Sensor makes a great replacement and has good cost savings over a dealer unit.
- 1998-2001 Chrysler Concorde Screw In Engine Knock Sensor for V6 2.7L
- 2002-2004 Chrysler Sebring Screw In Engine Knock Sensor for V6 2.7L
- 1998-2001 Dodge Intrepid Screw In Engine Knock Sensor for V6 2.7L
- 2003-2005 Dodge Stratus Screw In Engine Knock Sensor for V6 2.7L
Part #: 1AEKS00003
Ships Same Day for orders placed by 5 P.M. ET
Free GROUND SHIPPINGCheck Shipping Rates