1991-2001 Ford Explorer 4 Door Front Power Door Lock Actuator Pair1ADRK00009
- Quantity: Pair
This part replaces:
- DORMAN 746-145 x2
This is a pair of power door lock actuators that mounts inside the door. They are designed to REPLACE a broken or missing power door lock actuators.
- Electric operation
- Sold as a Pair
- Correct electrical connection
- Direct bolt on
- Built to strict quality control standards
- Designed to correct earlier failure problems of the original Ford units
- Customer will need to reuse original actuator rods
We have noticed that there are many inferior quality door lock actuators on the market. We have researched other door lock actuators manufacturers and are only selling what we believe to be the highest quality, best fitting, aftermarket actuators available. So don't be fooled by cheaper made imitation door lock actuators. Go with superior quality!
This power door lock actuator set is a great replacement and has substantial cost savings over a dealer power door lock actuator.
Effective June 23, 2014: This item is backed by a Limited Lifetime Warranty. In the event this item should fail due to manufacturing defects during intended use, we will exchange the part free of charge (excludes shipping charges) for the original purchaser. Please keep your invoice for proof of this warranty.
Step 1: Remove door panel
- Unscrew a few screws and use a putty knife to release the clips.
- Watch our door panel and replacement videos to learn more.
Step 2: Remove window track
- Use a hammer and punch to knock out the center of the bolt, and use a drill to remove it.
- Remove the 11 mm bolt.
- Disconnect the wire connected to the track, taking care not to pull it too hard.
- Set the track aside in the bottom of the door frame.
Step 3: Remove harness clip
- Remove the harness clip holding the actuator in place with a good pull.
Step 4: Disconnect harness from the actuator
- Use a small screwdriver to pry the tab away and disconnect the harness from the actuator.
Step 6: Prepare new lock actuator
- Put the correct hook on the lock actuator.
- Put the first O ring on.
- Slide the farrell on, working 1 tooth over the collar of the hook and the second tooth will go over fairly easily.
- Slide the second O ring on.
- Use a little grease to help.
- Pry the bracket off the old one and push the rivet out.
- Put the bracket on the new actuator.
- Secure the bolt with the little nut to help secure it while you snap the bracket back on.
Step 7: Install actuator
- Fit the new actuator into the locking mechanism.
- Screw those three screws back on with your #3 screwdriver to secure the locking mechanism.
- Reach in and replace the bolt. Put your harness back in and reclip it.
Step 8: Re-assemble the window track
- Position it back up in line with the bottom of the window.
- Secure it in place with the bolt.
- Re-secure the wire connected to the track.
Step 9: Re-assemble the door panel.
- For more information check out our door panel video.
How-to Video:(09:22 min)
- 5/16 Inch Drill Bit
- Penetrating Oil
- Flat Blade Screwdriver
- Phillips Head Screwdriver
- 11mm Socket
- Door Panel Removal Tool
- 11mm Wrench
Drills, Drill Bits & Related
Materials, Fluids, and Supplies
Ratchets & Related
Screwdrivers & Related
Sockets - Metric
Wrenches - Metric
This part replaces:
- DORMAN 746-145 x2
- 1992-2003 Ford Crown Victoria Front Power Door Lock Actuator Pair
- 1992-2003 Ford E150 Van Front Power Door Lock Actuator Pair
- 1992-2003 Ford E250 Van Front Power Door Lock Actuator Pair
- 1992-2003 Ford E350 Van Front Power Door Lock Actuator Pair
- 1997-2002 Ford Escort Front Power Door Lock Actuator Pair
- 1991-2001 Ford Explorer 4 Door Front Power Door Lock Actuator Pair
- 2001-2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Front Power Door Lock Actuator Pair
- 1993-1997 Ford Ranger Front Power Door Lock Actuator Pair
- 1988-1998 Ford Taurus Front Power Door Lock Actuator Pair
- 2003 Ford ZX2 Front Power Door Lock Actuator Pair
- 1988-1994 Lincoln Continental Front Power Door Lock Actuator Pair
- 1980-1983 Lincoln Mark VI Power Door Lock Actuator Pair
- 1993-1994 Lincoln Mark VIII Front Power Door Lock Actuator Pair
- 1993-1997 Lincoln Town Car Front Power Door Lock Actuator Pair
- 1992-2003 Mercury Grand Marquis Front Power Door Lock Actuator Pair
- 2003-2004 Mercury Marauder Front Power Door Lock Actuator Pair
- 1997-2001 Mercury Mountaineer Front Power Door Lock Actuator Pair
- 1988-1998 Mercury Sable Front Power Door Lock Actuator Pair
Part #: 1ADRK00009
- Ships Same Day for orders placed by 5 P.M. ET
Free GROUND SHIPPINGCheck Shipping Rates
"Thanks for the fast reliable service. Great price, and the headlights were as good as oem or better!!! Keep up the good work..."- Dwuan M.