1998-2002 Dodge Ram 2500 Truck Power Heated Black Towing Mirror with Support Bracket Pair1AMRK00050
- Mirror options: Towing
- Operation: Power
- Quantity: Pair
- Part Type: Support Bracket
- Mirror options: Heated
- Colors: Black
This mirror PAIR with support brackets is a direct replacement of the original fold out style tow mirror. The Mirror rotates 90 degrees from a horizontal orientation, to a vertical orientation that gives you a better angle of sight for towing a trailer.
You can also upgrade a standard style power heated mirror with this mirror PAIR if you desire more vision when towing. Some applications may require the re-use of your mounting studs. These mirrors come with long mounting studs like the original application.
- Comes as a PAIR
- Fits both the LH (Driver) & RH (Passenger) Sides
- Folding - Can lay flat against the door
- 10X7 glass size
- Replaces dealer part number: 55076488AE, K55156129AC, 55156129AC, 55076489AE, K55156128AC, 55156128AC
- Measures approximately 18" long folded in and 24" long folded out from base
- Direct replacement
- Injection molded textured black plastic housing
- Built to strict quality control standards
- INCLUDES mounting brackets*
Please CLICK HERE to see wiring routing instruction sheet so as not to pinch mirror wiring harness.
*PLEASE NOTE: If your vehicle did not come with this mirror pair originally and it is being purchased as an upgrade, the included reinforcement mounting brackets will have to be used to allow the mirror pair to work properly.
Use caution when installing mirror not to pinch wires near mounting area. Pinched wires can result in shorting.
These mirrors are a direct bolt on replacement to your original mirrors.
Effective June 23, 2014: This item is backed by a manufacturer's Limited Lifetime Warranty. In the event this item should fail due to manufacturing defects during intended use, we will exchange the part free of charge (excludes shipping charges) for the original purchaser. Please keep your invoice for proof of this warranty.
Disconnect the battery
- Use a 10 mm wrench to disconnect the negative battery terminal
Remove the door panel
- Remove the anchor points and unclip the door panel.
- Disconnect the wiring harness.
- For more detailed instructions, see our other videos.
Un-install the side mirror
- Remove the foam insulation from behind the side mirror.
- Unbolt the three 10 mm bolts and carefully remove the side mirror.
- Remove the four Phillips screws securing the speaker.
- Disconnect the speaker lead.
Install the new side mirror wiring
- Remove three Phillips screws and pull the bottom panel out under the driver's side dash.
- Choose where you want to connect the side mirror wiring, either the blinker or the parking light will work.
- Use an electrical probe to determine which wires in the harness are the parking or turn signal wires.
- Unbold the emergency brake pedal from the fire wall.
- Pry out the wiring harness tubing in the door frame and disconnect the wiring harness.
- Thread stiff metal wire through the wiring harness tubing and bend the end.
- Hook your side mirror wiring and pull it through using the stiff metal wiring so that the terminal end of the wire is on the door side of the tubing.
- Giving yourself plenty of slack, thread the terminal end up through the door panel and up through to the side mirror.
- Reconnect the wiring harness tubing to the door and body of the vehicle.
- Rebolt your emergency brake to the fire wall.
- Continue on to part 2.
How-to Video:(12:00 min)
- Needle nose pliers
- Socket Extensions
- Flat Blade Screwdriver
- Phillips Head Screwdriver
- 10mm Socket
- Putty Knife
Pliers, Cutters & misc Wrenches
Ratchets & Related
Screwdrivers & Related
Sockets - Metric
- 1998-2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Truck Power Heated Black Towing Mirror with Support Bracket Pair
- 1998-2002 Dodge Ram 2500 Truck Power Heated Black Towing Mirror with Support Bracket Pair
- 1998-2002 Dodge Ram 3500 Truck Power Heated Black Towing Mirror with Support Bracket Pair
Part #: 1AMRK00050
- Ships Same Day for orders placed by 5 P.M. ET
Free GROUND SHIPPINGCheck Shipping Rates
"Thanks for the fast reliable service. Great price, and the headlights were as good as oem or better!!! Keep up the good work..."- Dwuan M.