2002-2003 Lincoln Blackwood 2WD Front Upper Control Arm with Ball Joint Pair1ASFK00130
- Location: Upper
- Location: Front
- Quantity: Pair
This part replaces:
- DORMAN 520-218,520-217
This replacement front upper control arm PAIR is just what you need to bring back the safety and integrity of your vehicle's suspension and steering.
- Comes as a PAIR
- Fits both LH (Driver Side) & RH (Passenger Side) FRONT UPPER
- Includes new ball joints and inner bushings
- Replaces dealer part numbers: XL3Z3085AA, XL3Z-3085-AA, F65Z-3085-AB, F65Z3085AB, 5L3Z3085B, 5L3Z-3085-B, XL3Z3084AA, XL3Z-3084-AA, F65Z-3084-AB, F65Z3084AB, 5L3Z3084B, 5L3Z-3084-B
- Control arms are new, not remanufactured or refurbished
- Only fits 2WD (4x2) Models
Worn ball joints or loose rear bushings can cause excessive front tire wear, popping or creaking in the front end, extra play in the steering system, and pose a serious safety concern. Replace that heavily rusted, rotted, or damaged front upper control arm with the loose bushings or worn ball joints with our high quality all in one replacement.
One way to diagnose a loose, or warn ball joint on a control arm, is to jack the car up, so the wheel is off of the ground, then have someone try to move the wheel in and out. While they are moving the wheel check the ball joint and bushings for play, if it is moving you probably need to replace it.
Effective June 23, 2014: This item is backed by a manufacturer's Limited Lifetime Warranty. In the event this item should fail due to manufacturing defects during intended use, we will exchange the part free of charge (excludes shipping charges) for the original purchaser. Please keep your invoice for proof of this warranty.
Step 1: Removing the Wheel
- Remove the center cap.
- Loosen the lug nuts.
- Raise the vehicle.
- Remove the lug nuts.
- Remove the wheel.
Step 2: Removing the Front Upper Control Arm
- Jack up the lower control arm to support the suspension.
- Mark the upper bolts on the control arm with a marker to remember their alignment. Draw a line on the bolt and on to the bracket.
- Remove the cotter pin from the balljoint.
- Spray the ball join and upper bolts with penetrating oil.
- Us a 21mm socket on the balljoint bolt. Hammer it on.
- Use a breaker bar and pipe for added leverage to loosen the 21mm bolt. Donâ€™t full remove the bolt.
- Loosen the other two 21mm bolts using a socket and breaker bar.
- Remove the nut from the balljoint and use a balljoint puller tool to separate the control arm and steering knuckle.
- Use a 19mm to tighten the balljoint removal tool until it pops.
- Remove the upper nuts and bolts.
- Pull the control arm free.
Step 3: Installing the New Control Arm
- Use a wire brush where the control arm goes.
- Put the new control arm in place.
- Push it down onto the balljoint and start the bolts.
- Reinsert the upper bolts. Line the marks up.
- Torque Ball joint nut to 67ft/lbs.
- Insert new cotter pin and use pliers to bend the end.
- Put a grease fitting on and pump grease into the ball joint.
- Raise the vehicle so all the weight is on the suspension.
- Torque the upper bolts to 100ft/lbs.
Step 4: Reinstalling the Wheel
- Put the wheel in place.
- Replace the lug nuts.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Tighten the lug nuts to 100ft/lbs in a star pattern.
- Replace the center cap.
How-to Video:(11:43 min)
- Marker / Writing Utensil
- Penetrating Oil
- Needle nose pliers
- Breaker Bar
- 19mm Socket
- 21mm Socket
- A Piece of Pipe (for leverage)
- Ball Joint Press
- Jack Stands
Materials, Fluids, and Supplies
Pliers, Cutters & misc Wrenches
Ratchets & Related
Sockets - Metric
This part replaces:
- DORMAN 520-218,520-217
- 1997-2002 Ford Expedition 2WD Front Upper Control Arm with Ball Joint Pair
- 2004 Ford F150 Heritage Truck 2 Wheel Drive Front Upper Control Arm with Ball Joint Pair
- 1997-2003 Ford F150 Truck 2WD Front Upper Control Arm with Ball Joint Pair
- 1997-1999 Ford 2 Wheel Drive Front Upper Control Arm with Ball Joint Pair
- 2002-2003 Lincoln Blackwood 2WD Front Upper Control Arm with Ball Joint Pair
- 1998-2002 Lincoln Navigator 2WD Front Upper Control Arm with Ball Joint Pair
Part #: 1ASFK00130
- Ships Same Day for orders placed by 5 P.M. ET
Free GROUND SHIPPINGCheck Shipping Rates
"Thanks for the fast reliable service. Great price, and the headlights were as good as oem or better!!! Keep up the good work..."- Dwuan M.