1998-2002 Lincoln Navigator Front Upper Control Arm with Ball Joint Passenger Side (Moog) 2 Wheel Drive1ASFU00064
- Brands: Moog
This part replaces:
- MOOG K8728T
MOOG K8728T [FRONT UPPER CONTROL ARM with BALL JOINT] RH
This Moog brand replacement Front UPPER control arm with ball joint is just what you need to ensure the safety and integrity of your vehicle's suspension and steering.
- Fits RH (Passenger Side) FRONT UPPER
- Replaces dealer part numbers: 5L3Z 3084 B, 5L3Z3084B
- Includes ball joint already installed
- Direct replacement
- Built to strict quality control standards
- Correct for 2WD models only
Worn control arm bushings & ball joints can cause excessive front tire wear, popping or creaking in the front end, extra play in the steering system, and pose a serious safety concern. Replace loose or worn ball joints or control arms with our quality replacement.
One way to diagnose a loose, or warn ball joint or bushings, is to jack the car up, so the wheel is off of the ground, then have someone try to move the wheel in and out. While they are moving the wheel check the ball joint for play, if it is moving you probably need to replace it.
Effective June 23, 2014: This item is backed by a Limited Lifetime Warranty. In the event this item should fail due to manufacturing defects during intended use, we will exchange the part free of charge (excludes shipping charges) for the original purchaser. Please keep your invoice for proof of this warranty.
Step 1: Removing the Wheel
- Remove the center cap.
- Loosen the lug nuts.
- Raise the vehicle.
- Remove the lug nuts.
- Remove the wheel.
Step 2: Removing the Front Upper Control Arm
- Jack up the lower control arm to support the suspension.
- Mark the upper bolts on the control arm with a marker to remember their alignment. Draw a line on the bolt and on to the bracket.
- Remove the cotter pin from the balljoint.
- Spray the ball join and upper bolts with penetrating oil.
- Us a 21mm socket on the balljoint bolt. Hammer it on.
- Use a breaker bar and pipe for added leverage to loosen the 21mm bolt. Donâ€™t full remove the bolt.
- Loosen the other two 21mm bolts using a socket and breaker bar.
- Remove the nut from the balljoint and use a balljoint puller tool to separate the control arm and steering knuckle.
- Use a 19mm to tighten the balljoint removal tool until it pops.
- Remove the upper nuts and bolts.
- Pull the control arm free.
Step 3: Installing the New Control Arm
- Use a wire brush where the control arm goes.
- Put the new control arm in place.
- Push it down onto the balljoint and start the bolts.
- Reinsert the upper bolts. Line the marks up.
- Torque Ball joint nut to 67ft/lbs.
- Insert new cotter pin and use pliers to bend the end.
- Put a grease fitting on and pump grease into the ball joint.
- Raise the vehicle so all the weight is on the suspension.
- Torque the upper bolts to 100ft/lbs.
Step 4: Reinstalling the Wheel
- Put the wheel in place.
- Replace the lug nuts.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Tighten the lug nuts to 100ft/lbs in a star pattern.
- Replace the center cap.
How-to Video:(11:43 min)
- Marker / Writing Utensil
- Penetrating Oil
- Needle nose pliers
- Breaker Bar
- 19mm Socket
- 21mm Socket
- A Piece of Pipe (for leverage)
- Ball Joint Press
- Jack Stands
Materials, Fluids, and Supplies
Pliers, Cutters & misc Wrenches
Ratchets & Related
Sockets - Metric
This part replaces:
- MOOG K8728T
- 1997-2002 Ford Expedition Front Upper Control Arm with Ball Joint Passenger Side (Moog) 2 Wheel Drive
- 2004 Ford F150 Heritage Truck Front Upper Control Arm with Ball Joint for Passenger Side (Moog) 2 Wheel Drive
- 1997-2003 Ford F150 Truck Front Upper Control Arm with Ball Joint for Passenger Side (Moog) 2 Wheel Drive
- 2004 Ford F150 Truck Front Upper Control Arm with Ball Joint for Passenger Side (Moog) 2 Wheel Drive
- 1997-1999 Ford Front Upper Control Arm with Ball Joint for Passenger Side (Moog) 2 Wheel Drive
- 1999-2003 Ford F250 Super Duty Truck Front Upper Control Arm with Ball Joint for Passenger Side (Moog) 2 Wheel Drive
- 2002-2003 Lincoln Blackwood Front Upper Control Arm with Ball Joint Passenger Side (Moog)
- 1998-2002 Lincoln Navigator Front Upper Control Arm with Ball Joint Passenger Side (Moog) 2 Wheel Drive
Part #: 1ASFU00064
- Ships Same Day for orders placed by 5 P.M. ET
Free GROUND SHIPPINGCheck Shipping Rates
Brand #: K8728T
"Thanks for the fast reliable service. Great price, and the headlights were as good as oem or better!!! Keep up the good work..."- Dwuan M.