1991-1997 Pontiac Grand Am Front Brake Pads Ceramic1ABPS00645
- Brake Options: Ceramic
- Location: Front
This front brake pad set is just what you need to get your vehicle stopping in good order again!
- 4 Piece FRONT Brake Pad Set
- No core charge
- Direct replacement
- Ceramic Enhanced Disc Brake Pads
This brake pad set makes a great replacement and has an excellent value over the price of dealer brake pads.
Effective June 23, 2014: This item is backed by a manufacturer's Limited Lifetime Warranty. In the event this item should fail due to manufacturing defects during intended use, we will exchange the part free of charge (excludes shipping charges) for the original purchaser. Please keep your invoice for proof of this warranty.
Wear and Tear
This item is backed by a warranty against defects in materials and workmanship under its intended use. The warranty does not cover normal wear and tear. Please keep your invoice for proof of this warranty.
Step 1: Remove front wheel.
- Remove hub cap or center cap if you have it.
- While your car is still on the ground, use your lug wrench to loosen your lug nuts.
- Jack up and secure your car with jack stands.
- Remove the lug nuts with your lug wrench.
- Remove the wheel and set aside.
Step 2: Remove the front brake calipers
- Use a screwdriver to force the pistons back in.
- Remove the three 3/8 Allen bolts to remove the calipers.
- Clean out the Allen bolts if needed.
- Use a wire tie to fasten the caliper out of the way.
- Use your screwdriver to pry out your brake pads.
- Pull off the brake rotor.
- Hit the rotor with a rubber mallet or hammer if necessary.
- Take care not to damage the lug studs.
Step 3: Install new brake rotor and pads
- Clean new rotor with brake cleaner.
- Insert your new pads into the front brake caliper.
- Compress the front brake caliper piston with a c-clamp to reset the pistons.
- Mount the front brake caliper and torque the 3/8 Allen bolts in as tight as they will go by hand.
Step 5: Put your front wheel back on
- Make sure to use a star pattern when putting your wheel lugs back on.
- Tighten to 75 ft lbs.
- Replace hubcap/center cap.
Step 6: Test and set brake pads and rotors
- Before driving the car again, start it up and pump the brakes a few times to get the pistons in the brakes in place.
- Test the brakes in your driveway before taking the car onto the road.
- Set your rotors by evenly braking from 30mph to 10mph, 50mph-30mph and finally 70mph to 40mph.
- This is best done on a straight back road without any traffic.
How-to Video:(09:09 min)
- 3/8 Inch Allen Wrench
- Brake Parts Cleaner
- Wire Ties
- Lug Wrench
- Breaker Bar
- Torque Wrench
- Flat Blade Screwdriver
- 19mm Socket
- Floor Jack
- Jack Stands
- Large C-Clamp
- Large Hammer
- Wire Brush
Materials, Fluids, and Supplies
Pliers, Cutters & misc Wrenches
Ratchets & Related
Screwdrivers & Related
Sockets - Metric
- 1990 Buick Skylark Front Brake Pads Ceramic for Models with RPO Code WS6
- 1991-1995 Buick Skylark Front Brake Pads Ceramic
- 1992-1996 Chevy Beretta Front Brake Pads Ceramic
- 1992-2004 Chevy Cavalier Front Brake Pads Ceramic
- 1992-1996 Chevy Corsica Front Brake Pads Ceramic
- 1992-1998 Olds Achieva Front Brake Pads Ceramic
- 1990 Olds Calais Front Brake Pads Ceramic for Models with RPO Code WS6
- 1991 Olds Calais Front Brake Pads Ceramic
- 1990 Olds Cutlass Calais Front Brake Pads Ceramic for Models with RPO Code WS6
- 1991 Olds Cutlass Calais Front Brake Pads Ceramic
- 1990 Pontiac Grand Am Front Brake Pads Ceramic for Models with RPO Code WS6
- 1991-1997 Pontiac Grand Am Front Brake Pads Ceramic
- 1992-1994 Pontiac Sunbird Front Brake Pads Ceramic
- 1995-2005 Pontiac Sunfire Front Brake Pads Ceramic
Part #: 1ABPS00645
- Ships Same Day for orders placed by 5 P.M. ET
Free GROUND SHIPPINGCheck Shipping Rates
"Thanks for the fast reliable service. Great price, and the headlights were as good as oem or better!!! Keep up the good work..."- Dwuan M.