1997-2003 Pontiac Grand Prix Front Brake Pad & Rotor Kit Semi-Metallic1ABFS00011
- Brake Options: Semi-Metallic
- Location: Front
Hearing squeaking noises from the wheels? This may be the wear tabs on the brake shoes saying, "it is time for replacement." Aging brakes can also result in a pulsation from the brake pedal or long stopping distances. Brakes should be inspected every 10,000 miles or any time the tires are removed. They may need frequent replacement such as every 20,000 miles if used in stop and go traffic. Brakes can last longer if the vehicle is used primarily for long highway trips.
- Includes 2 front rotors & a front brake pad set
- Fits Driver & Passenger Side Front
- Semi-Metallic brake pads
- No core charge
- Direct replacements
This front brake pad & rotor kit makes a great replacement and has an excellent value over the price of dealer brake pads & rotors.
Effective June 23, 2014: This item is backed by a manufacturer's Limited Lifetime Warranty. In the event this item should fail due to manufacturing defects during intended use, we will exchange the part free of charge (excludes shipping charges) for the original purchaser. Please keep your invoice for proof of this warranty.
Wear and Tear
This item is backed by a warranty against defects in materials and workmanship under its intended use. The warranty does not cover normal wear and tear. Please keep your invoice for proof of this warranty.
Remove the wheel
- Remove the center cap with a screwdriver
- Take the plastic lug covers off.
- With a 19 mm socket and ratchet or lug wrench, loosen the lug nuts.
- Raise and secure the vehicle.
- Remove the lug nuts.
- Remove the wheel and set aside.
Remove the brakes
- Use a 15 mm socket to remove the calipers.
- Pry up the brake pads with your flat blade screwdriver.
- Check the life of your rotors by checking for grooves and wear.
- Remove the rotors if needed.
Install the new brakes
- Clean your rotors with brake parts cleaner and put them on the hub.
- Apply anti-seize grease to the edges of the brake pads where they slide into the calipers.
- Compress your caliper pistons with a large C-Clamp
- Clean up your caliper bolts and apply a little anti-seize grease to them.
- Put your caliper brackets back on.
- Put the brake pads into the caliper brackets and then the caliper.
- Put the caliper bolts into your brackets, with the one with the bushing on the bottom.
- Torque the caliper bolts to 75 ft lbs.
How-to Video:(08:12 min)
- Torque Wrench
- Flat Blade Screwdriver
- 15mm Socket
- 19mm Socket
- Floor Jack
- Jack Stands
- Large C-Clamp
Ratchets & Related
Screwdrivers & Related
Sockets - Metric
- 1997-2005 Buick Century Front Brake Pad & Rotor Kit Semi-Metallic
- 2000-2005 Buick LeSabre Front Brake Pad & Rotor Kit Semi-Metallic for 15 Inch Wheels
- 1997-2001 Chevy Venture Front Brake Pad & Rotor Kit Semi-Metallic
- 2002-2005 Chevy Venture Front Brake Pad & Rotor Kit Semi-Metallic (excluding All Wheel Drive Models)
- 1998-1999 Olds Intrigue Front Brake Pad & Rotor Kit Semi-Metallic for Models with Brake Option JB9
- 2000-2002 Olds Intrigue Front Brake Pad & Rotor Kit Semi-Metallic
- 1998-2001 Olds Silhouette Front Brake Pad & Rotor Kit Semi-Metallic
- 2002-2004 Olds Silhouette Front Brake Pad & Rotor Kit Semi-Metallic (excluding All Wheel Drive Models)
- 2000-2005 Pontiac Bonneville SE Front Brake Pad & Rotor Kit Semi-Metallic
- 1997-2003 Pontiac Grand Prix Front Brake Pad & Rotor Kit Semi-Metallic
- 1999-2001 Pontiac Montana Front Brake Pad & Rotor Kit Semi-Metallic
- 2002-2004 Pontiac Montana Front Brake Pad & Rotor Kit Semi-Metallic (excluding All Wheel Drive Models)
- 2005 Pontiac Montana Brake Pad & Rotor Kit Semi-Metallic Front for V6 3.4L
- 1997-1998 Pontiac Trans Sport Front Brake Pad & Rotor Kit Semi-Metallic
Part #: 1ABFS00011
- Ships Same Day for orders placed by 5 P.M. ET
Free GROUND SHIPPINGCheck Shipping Rates
"Thanks for the fast reliable service. Great price, and the headlights were as good as oem or better!!! Keep up the good work..."- Dwuan M.