2001-2005 Honda Civic Rear Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly for L4 1.7L Models with Rear Drum Brakes Pair (Without ABS Brakes)1ASHS00492
- Location: Rear
These replacement wheel bearing & hub assemblies are just what you need to get your vehicle in good working order again.
- Comes as a PAIR
- Fits both LH (Driver Side) & RH (Passenger Side) REAR
- Replaces dealer part number: 42200-S5A-A21, 42200S5AA21
- Fit 4 Lug Wheels
- New studs already installed
- Direct replacements
- Built to strict quality control standards
Fit models with Rear Drum Brakes only
- Correct for models without ABS (Anti-Lock Brakes)
- You will not have a problem with our product. If you are comparing us to someone selling a brand name product remember brand names are only as good as the company selling them. Both Bizrate.com and The Better Business Bureau recognize 1A Auto as a trusted online seller. You will be pleased with what you find out about us.
- You don't want to be delayed by a defective part. 1A Auto wheel hubs & bearings are all tested prior to shipping.
- These hub & bearing sets will install just as your originals do. You can use your existing hardware.
- Save time and money with direct fit hub bearing assemblies. No trips to the auto parts store or extra time trying to match up and press bearings.
- Hub installation is a degree more difficult than changing a tire on most vehicles.
- Some shops and dealers charge more for parts and repairs when they think the customer doesn't know what is involved. Now you can get the value you deserve. Knowing what this repair entails can be the difference between the value of doing it yourself, or the pain of a costly part or repair bill.
2 Year Warranty
This item is backed by a 2 Year Manufacturers Warranty. In the event this item should fail during intended use, we will exchange the part free of charge (excludes shipping charges) for the original purchaser. Please keep your invoice for proof of this warranty.
Remove the wheel
- Loosen the lug nuts
- Raise and secure the vehicle.
Remove the hub
- Pull the drum off and set it aside.
- Use a chisel and hammer to remove the hub nut cap.
- Use a 32 mm socket and breaker bar to remove the hub nut.
- Remove the hub.
install the new hub
- Apply a small amount of grease to the inside of the hub.
- Mount the hub and thread the hub nut on.
- Torque the hub nut to 134 ft lbs
- Put the center cap on and use a hammer to drive it on securely.
- Replace the brake drum.
Put the wheel on
- Put the hub cap on
- Hand thread the lug nuts
- Lower the vehicle
- Use a criss-cross pattern to torque the lug nuts to 100 ft lbs.
How-to Video:(04:18 min)
- Bearing Grease
- Lug Wrench
- Breaker Bar
- Torque Wrench
- 19mm Socket
- 32mm Socket
- Floor Jack
- Jack Stands
Materials, Fluids, and Supplies
Pliers, Cutters & misc Wrenches
Ratchets & Related
Sockets - Metric
- 2001-2005 Honda Civic Rear Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly for L4 1.7L Models with Rear Drum Brakes Pair (Without ABS Brakes)
Part #: 1ASHS00492
- Ships Same Day for orders placed by 5 P.M. ET
Free GROUND SHIPPINGCheck Shipping Rates
"Thanks for the fast reliable service. Great price, and the headlights were as good as oem or better!!! Keep up the good work..."- Dwuan M.