2000-2011 Ford Focus Brake Shoes Rear1ABPS00205
This REAR brake shoe set is just what you need to get your vehicle stopping in good order again!
- Comes as a PAIR
- Fits both the LH (Driver) & RH (Passenger Side) REAR
- Premium Bonded Brake Shoes
- Direct replacement
- Correct for: 8 x 1-15/32 Inch Drum
This rear brake shoe set makes a great replacement and has an excellent value over the price of a dealer brake shoe set.
Effective June 23, 2014: This item is backed by a manufacturer's Limited Lifetime Warranty. In the event this item should fail due to manufacturing defects during intended use, we will exchange the part free of charge (excludes shipping charges) for the original purchaser. Please keep your invoice for proof of this warranty.
Wear and Tear
This item is backed by a warranty against defects in materials and workmanship under its intended use. The warranty does not cover normal wear and tear. Please keep your invoice for proof of this warranty.
Step 1: Removing the Brake Drum
- Remove the wheel by loosening the lug nuts (replace a lug nut and kick the wheel to brake it loose if necessary).
- Use a hammer and cold chisel on the dust cap. Dent the cap down and out. Turn and repeat until it comes free.
- Remove the 30mm socket using a ratchet and breaker bar.
- Pull the drum free.
Step 2: Removing the Brake Shoes
- Using pliers lock on the springs and pull them free.
- Remove the two clips using a flat blade screwdriver.
- Pull the brake shoe free.
- Pull the other brake shoe free twisting until the metal ball comes free from the shoe.
- Remove the springs on the backside of the shoe by pulling the pieces apart.
Step 3: Replacing the Brake Shoes
- Push the automatic adjuster on the crossbar removed from old brake into place on the new shoe. With a spring in between the parts.
- Use a wire brush to clean the pads the brake shoes fit onto.
- Make sure the cylinder is not leaking.
- Place grease in the divits on the new brake shoes. Attach the emergency brake cable back to the brake shoe.
- Push the pins (springs) back through into the brake shoes.
- Put the other brake shoe into place and insert the clips and springs.
- Slide cross bar back into place.
- Squeeze the shoes together. To help with inserting the blue springs.
- Center the brake shoes.
Step 4: Replacing the Brake Drum and Wheels
- Line up the drum and slide it into place.
- Replace the 30mm nut. Torque it to 170 ft/lbs.
- While torqueing it spin the bearings.
- Replace the dust cap.
- Put the wheel into place and tighten the lug nuts to 100 ft/lbs.
- Pump the brakes until the pedal is firm.
How-to Video:(13:42 min)
- Needle nose pliers
- Flat Blade Screwdriver
- 19mm Socket
- 30mm Socket
- Jack Stands
- Wire Brush
Pliers, Cutters & misc Wrenches
Ratchets & Related
Screwdrivers & Related
Sockets - Metric
- 2000-2011 Ford Focus Brake Shoes Rear
Part #: 1ABPS00205
- Ships Same Day for orders placed by 5 P.M. ET
Free GROUND SHIPPINGCheck Shipping Rates
"Thanks for the fast reliable service. Great price, and the headlights were as good as oem or better!!! Keep up the good work..."- Dwuan M.