2000-2005 Chevy Cavalier Front Strut & Spring Pair1ASFK00039
- Location: Front
- Quantity: Pair
Designed for easier installation. These are new replacement strut and spring assemblies. We recommend replacing struts in pairs and performing an alignment after replacement.
- Comes as a PAIR
- Fits both the LH (Driver Side) & RH (Passenger Side) FRONT
- Replacement upper mounts
- Upper and lower spring isolators
- Upper spring seats
- Coil springs
- Boot kits
- Preassembled for easier replacement
- Fits all models
In the past, replacing struts required specialized tools to compress, remove and transfer the spring. Our new strut and spring assemblies make this job much simpler for the do it yourself mechanic. This part comes pre-assembled. Jack up and support the vehicle with jack stands. Remove the wheel. Unbolt the top mounts and the bottom from the suspension and replace the whole unit. The large bottom bolts usually require an impact wrench and socket for removal. When reassembling, be sure to torque all nuts and bolts to their proper specifications. Do not use impact tools when reassembling.
Effective June 23, 2014: This item is backed by a manufacturer's Limited Lifetime Warranty. In the event this item should fail due to manufacturing defects during intended use, we will exchange the part free of charge (excludes shipping charges) for the original purchaser. Please keep your invoice for proof of this warranty.
Remove the wheel
- Loosen the lug nuts
- Raise and secure the vehicle
- Remove the lug nuts and wheel.
Remove the bottom of the shock
- Unbolt the two bottom bolts securing the shock.
- Use a breaker bar and a 21 mm socket and some penetrating oil.
- You might need a hammer to work the bolts out once you have removed the nuts.
- Use a pry bar to pry the spindle free from the strut
Remove the top of the strut
- Pop the hood and secure it.
- Use your 13 mm socket and ratchet and some penetrating oil to remove the three bolts securing the top of the strut.
- Pull the strut down and out.
Install the new strut
- Work the strut into place and bolt in the top three 13 mm bolts
- Torque the three 13 mm nuts to 35 ft lbs
- Bolt in the bottom two nuts and bolts and torque to 100 ft lbs.
Replace the wheel
- Put the wheel back on and hand tighten the lug nuts
- Lower the vehicle and torque the lug nuts to 90 ft lbs
How-to Video:(06:40 min)
- Breaker Bar
- Socket Extensions
- Pry Bar
- 10mm Socket
- 13mm Socket
- 18mm Socket
- 19mm Socket
- Floor Jack
- Jack Stands
Ratchets & Related
Screwdrivers & Related
Sockets - Metric
- 2000-2005 Chevy Cavalier Front Strut & Spring Pair
- 2000-2005 Pontiac Sunfire Front Strut & Spring Pair
Part #: 1ASFK00039
- Ships Same Day for orders placed by 5 P.M. ET
Free GROUND SHIPPINGCheck Shipping Rates
"Thanks for the fast reliable service. Great price, and the headlights were as good as oem or better!!! Keep up the good work..."- Dwuan M.