1995-1999 Chevy Cavalier Front Strut & Spring Pair1ASFK00036
- Location: Front
- Quantity: Pair
Designed for easier installation. These are new replacement strut and spring assemblies. We recommend replacing struts in pairs and performing an alignment after replacement.
- Comes as a PAIR
- Fits both the LH (Driver Side) & RH (Passenger Side) FRONT
- Replacement upper mounts
- Upper and lower spring isolators
- Upper spring seats
- Coil springs
- Boot kits
- Preassembled for easier replacement
- Fit all models
In the past, replacing struts required specialized tools to compress, remove and transfer the spring. Our new strut and spring assemblies make this job much simpler for the do it yourself mechanic. This part comes pre-assembled. Jack up and support the vehicle with jack stands. Remove the wheel. Unbolt the top mounts and the bottom from the suspension and replace the whole unit. The large bottom bolts usually require an impact wrench and socket for removal. When reassembling, be sure to torque all nuts and bolts to their proper specifications. Do not use impact tools when reassembling.
Effective June 23, 2014: This item is backed by a manufacturer's Limited Lifetime Warranty. In the event this item should fail due to manufacturing defects during intended use, we will exchange the part free of charge (excludes shipping charges) for the original purchaser. Please keep your invoice for proof of this warranty.
Remove the wheel
- Loosen the lug nuts
- Raise and secure the vehicle
- Remove the lug nuts completely and pull the wheel off.
- Set the wheel aside, preferably under the car for added protection in the event of a jack stand failure.
Remove the strut
- Spray penetrating oil on all the nuts and bolts.
- Remove the 21 mm bolts at the bottom of the strut.
- Jack up the control arm, underneath the ball joint.
- Remove the three 13 mm bolts at the top of the strut.
- Work the strut out and discard.
Install the new strut from 1A Auto
- Finesse the strut into place and bolt in the 13 mm bolts at the top of the strut.
- Bolt in the bottom bolts, using a hammer to coerce the bolts in.
- Torque the bottom strut bolts to 95 ft lbs and the top ones to 35 ft lbs.
- Put the wheel back on and hand tighten the lug nuts.
- Lower the vehicle and torque the lug nuts to 75 ft lbs in a star pattern.
How-to Video:(09:04 min)
- Penetrating Oil
- Torque Wrench
- 13mm Socket
- 19mm Socket
- 21mm Socket
- Floor Jack
- Jack Stands
Materials, Fluids, and Supplies
Ratchets & Related
Sockets - Metric
- 1995-1999 Chevy Cavalier Front Strut & Spring Pair
- 1995-1999 Pontiac Sunfire Front Strut & Spring Pair
Part #: 1ASFK00036
- Ships Same Day for orders placed by 5 P.M. ET
Free GROUND SHIPPINGCheck Shipping Rates
"Thanks for the fast reliable service. Great price, and the headlights were as good as oem or better!!! Keep up the good work..."- Dwuan M.