1995-1997 Honda Accord 90 Amp Alternator for V6 2.7L1AEAL00242
- 90 Ampere Alternator
- This NEW alternator will install just as your original does.
- Designed to fit your original engine brackets.
- Your existing wiring harness will attach with no modification.
- Installation Instructions (pdf) included in English, Spanish, and French
- This Alternator will give you trouble free performance
- Each unit is individually tested.
- You'll receive a report with your alternator that shows its performance.
- Example (pdf)
- New vs. Remanufactured
- Nothing is more frustrating than pulling off the side of the road with a failed alternator. That is why we carry only new alternators which are 94% more reliable than remanufactured alternators.
- Our Alternators are 100% NEW. Castings, pulleys, fans, hardware, internal parts, etc. are all new.
- No Core Charge; No hassling with an old core
Shipping Note:Sorry, but we can only ship this product to physical addresses in the U.S. Continental 48 states.
Effective June 23, 2014: This item is backed by a manufacturer's Limited Lifetime Warranty. In the event this item should fail due to manufacturing defects during intended use, we will exchange the part free of charge (excludes shipping charges) for the original purchaser. Please keep your invoice for proof of this warranty.
Disconnect your battery
- Use your 10 mm wrench to disconnect your negative battery terminal.
Remove the alternator
- Loosen up the engine pulling hook.
- Unbolt the two 12 mm bolts securing it using your socket, ratchet, extension and flex joint.
- Remove the 12 mm nut and the 14 mm bolt on the alternator to remove it.
- Unbolt the 10 mm bolt securing the wiring clip.
- Disconnect the power leads using a 10 mm socket and ratchet and a flat blade screwdriver to unplug and disconnect.
- Use a 10 mm socket and ratchet to loosen up the tensioner and bracket bolts to release the serpentine belt.
- Keep your serpentine belt routing diagram handy for reinstallation.
Install the new alternator
- Apply some white grease to the mounting surface to assist with re-installation.
- Put the alternator into its mounting and bolt in the 10, 12, and 14 mm nuts and bolts mounting it.
- Use a rubber mallet to help get the alternator and bolts in place.
- Reconnect the leads with your 10 mm socket and ratchet.
- Use your routing diagram to replace the serpentine belt.
- Make sure you check the smooth side of the serpentine belt for cracks, frays and flaws and replace if you find any.
- Tighten the tensioner and bracket bolts.
- Reconnect the negative battery terminal with your 10 mm socket and ratchet.
How-to Video:(12:47 min)
- Anti-Seize Grease
- Socket Extensions
- Flat Blade Screwdriver
- 10mm Socket
- 12mm Socket
- 14mm Socket
- Telescope magnet
Materials, Fluids, and Supplies
Ratchets & Related
Screwdrivers & Related
Sockets - Metric
- 1995-1997 Honda Accord 90 Amp Alternator for V6 2.7L